Oak harbor patrol this weekend?

Who is going to be out this weekend?  I see strong south winds forecasted but was thinking about making my last trip up this weekend to fish the Oak Orchard this Friday and Saturday and possibly some pier casting.  Last year we made this trip and did really well in the morning and evening on J plugs and glow spoons.   I hear they are currently dredging the oak orchard river.  I think they dreged Olcott harbor last weekend.  Seems like reports have been really this week.  Has anyone got some insight on the bite?

Edited by monarkmagic

The harbor mouth is being dredged again.

Most of the charters came out of the water this week. I think there might be 2 or 3 running final trips this weekend.

Fishing at the wall is very hit or miss right now. There are a FEW fish left in the 80-100 range but they are tough to trigger.

The general consensus among the experienced oak captains is that it's over for the mature fish. Unless you want to kill next years crop of kings fish the wall, the pier or the river.

Me??? I'm putting up tree stands and duck blinds!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the info.  It has been a bizzarre year for sure.  The only consistent trip for me was labor day weekend.  I am very thankful to have 3 good days of fishing and limits of mature kings. I will be very interested to see what kind of runs show up at the dam this year.  It sounds like the river fishing is going to get interesting with the restrictions of the power supply company.  It never gets old catching kings. They truely are the beast of freshwater fish. 

Fished there yesterday. 1 for 2 out deep in about 90'.  Dropped a steelhead and landed a skipper king.  VERY SLOOOW all morning.  They're still dredging the outlet.  I talked to a few guys who were casting off of the pier.  They were saying very early in the morning like usual and just a few fish.  They're were getting brownies and a few steelies at dark.  Good luck and tight lines.  I am with Czarnecki  Tree stands and duck blinds and wait for the stream to get hot with the browns and steelies.  Tight lines