Seneca - Lodi Point

Seneca Lodi Point 6-24-2008

Long time since I wet a line must be Zebedee put a HEX on me......... :lol:

I (fishing alone) got down to the launch about 8ish with 2 rigs lauching and 2 more already out there. I did some jigging right off the point. I had one hit that I missed and then gave up after a hour and started to troll. Lots of floating weeds kept clearing lines the wind picked up a little out of the WNW. Trolled about a mile north of the point and then a mile south. Pulled every thing up and headed across to the west side weeds were just TOO much. I set up both rigs by 10:30am and had three lakers in the box by 11:37am. Picked up two 40' back 40' down panther martin lake troll with a spoon my buddy Pete doctor up ( I told him that red spoon with pearl tape and gold tape on the cup would not catch a thing) , the last pass thru this area (was only picking up fish going south) I brought the spoon up too 35' and moved the BTI - fly rig in it place this gave me the biggest fish of the day and answer my question of running the BTI close to the ball shallow, it was 15' back 40' down. Fish went from 21.5" , 23" and 24". The wind had picked up pretty good and when I got back to the other side all 4 rigs in the launch area were gone.

Seneca Lodi Point 6-25-2008

Earlier start today had line in the water by 6;15 am fishing alone and it's a little lumpy out. I gave the area just north of the pint a go and the weeds were still stacked up by not as bad as yesterday. After cleaning rigs three times I was behind the point some what so I gave the jigging a go. Missed one then over 38' I hooked up nice fight good sized..............PIKE oh well he or should I say she put up a nice fight 33" and back in the water. She looked heavy in the front and skinning part way back plus has some red mark and blotches on her belly and near her fins from spawning maybe it's from VHS !!!!! Looked like the bellies on male king salmon in late August when they lay on the bottom of Lake Ontario. Well anyway after the pike I picked up and drove across the lake to the Severn area set up two rod again and headed north with the wind at my back. With out the trolling motor running I could get .75 mph at the ball. I picked up two lakers down 38' back 15' on a BTI fly. Spoons were dead today and that was it I trolled just above Long Point and called it at 10:45 am. Lakers were small one at 17" back to grow some more and the other one was 21" and made a fine lunch......

The ride back across was a lot drier................. :lol:

Seneca 6-27-2008

Brother Stan his dog King Carol and I went out this morning about 7:45 am. Ran over to the west side just north of the Showboat set up and headed north. We picked up 9 lakers and lost 5 three were real light hits. 5 rod spread with the down rigger doing all the fish. Dodger peanut rig 18' back 72' and 82' down took all the hits and fish.Starting to get darker and wind making a slight change so we called it at 11: ish. We boxed three fish 21" , 23" and a nice fat 24" the rest were 16" we put back two with eels on them. Best depths was 85' to 95' with a north troll wind out of the SSE surface temp 69.5* down temp 53* 55' down.

• 2 weeks later...

7-10-2008 Seneca

Wow it been a long time since I wet a line back in June 27th. I got the servo in the mail for the TrollMaster hooked it up at 6:15am and it didn't work. Messed around with it for a while then that was it I was going fishing. Pulled into Lodi State Park about 7:15 am and Hoot was BS with the park guy and I said let wet a line so off we went. Hit the west shore and jigged for about a hour we both had hits but didn't hook up. The wind was light when we went across the lake and now it was blowing good out of the west then worked north west surface temp was 72.5* with 61* down 50' fleas are just showing up but no problems with my riggs (30# Andes on rigger rods). We then set up for trolling running a 4 rods two rigger one wire diver and 3 color core off a inline board. Ran south and went 5 for 10 with a few light hits that didn't hook up. One rip on the diver 120' out with a panther martin lake troll and a black with white back spoon lost this one 40' behind the boat. Also one good whack on the core with a spoon (gold-and black dot). Then the rigger with the probe had a sliver BTI with a Kobalt Killer fly 12' back and 45' down took the biggest laker at 25.5". We lost a landlock on it right at the back of the boat (didn't use the net DUH !!!!!). Other rigger was 72' down 18' back with a peanut fly rig this was the hottest set up for the day. We boxed 4 , 19", 23", 24" , 25.5" and threw one 15" dink back. We had a lot of fun with three doubles and Fish for dinner .........Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Seneca - 7-30-2008

Ran north two lines in the water at 7:30 am lot of weeds surface temp. 74.5* but no problem with fleas down temp. 50.1* at 71' wind out of the SW with a good chop.

Picked up 4 lakers threw a 18" back the rest were 3# 4 oz , 3# 10 oz and 5.5 #. Best depth was 80' to 90' and 71' down. Headed back in at 11:00 am.

Seneca 7-31-2008

Went out with Don and Hoot from the park today about 9ish till 1 pm. Boxed 9 lost two and a nice rainbow. Only one fish on the diver the rest came on the riggers. The 71' down picked up two fish so I put the same on the other rigger and he had a steady bite if I could keep the speed above 1.25 at the ball. The Secret One BTI with the BTI Fly was one fire fish went from 19" to 28" on the biggest one. Best depth down was 71' we picked the rainbow up 61' back 20' on the Secret One BTI with the BTI Fly. I was in the front of the boat sipping on a coffee when it fired , yelled for them to get it but by the time they got to the rod the fish was jumping out of the water, two jumps and was gone.......LOL..........good time had by all of us today. It was the first time Don got a laker using a pole and reel he's a copper puller.........he loved it ...........who say you can't teach a Ole Dog new tricks Don's 80 years young and is looking forward to going again. Fleas were showing with the surface temp 74.6* weeds were only a issue around shoals.

• 2 weeks later...

Seneca Lodi Point 8-12-2008

I gave the east side a shot this morning over cast and little wind out of the north west surface temp. 73*. Worked just around the point area till I ran into a HUGE weed pod. Cleared lines set back up and saw the kicker was not pissing any water. Shut kicker down cleared lines and started kicker back up weeds had floated away. I wanted to run the TrollMaster now that I had it back in and the wind was picking up some from the north west so I trolled across the lake into the wind to see how the TrollMaster would do. I picked up a 23" laker over 400' of water near the west side on a dipsy wire rig out 180' with a sliver BTI and BTI fly. Worked into a 100' of water and started south. I had a rip on the wire again and lost him. Then the rigger fired and I boated a 21" 4# 7 oz. brown. Lost two more fish before calling it a day. Looks like the kinks are out of every thing and all I need to do will be change the oil in the kicker and put one more inline gas filter canister on just to be safe. I ran the other wire diver rod/reel today and the last new rigger reel. Then it will be off to L.O. Catfishcreek on the 19th..

Copyofforthedesktopputer189.jpg

Copyofforthedesktopputer194.jpg

Seneca 8-13-2008

Don and I went down to see if we could hook a few around 10:30 am ran south about 5 miles and set up on the west side. Trolled north picked up a small laker we put back , then one on the wire diver that we boxed. Rain came down for a while but no lighting so I dropped some glow stuff down. Popped a 24" laker on the wire diver running a sliver bullet BTI with a glow BTI fly. Then we picked up a 17" rainbow on the combo in the picture also picture of Don working one in on the diver rod. The wire fired again but we lost this one and also had a small laker on the spoon rig that we sent back. Then it got black and we could hear the thunder thought it might just miss us so we turned and headed south giving it more room. Didn't work pulled lines in a hurry and got out of dodge. Beat it back to port with 5 minute to spare.............LOL...........we boxed three fish 20" laker , 24" laker and the 17" rainbow...................

Copyofforthedesktopputer196.jpg

Copyofforthedesktopputer195.jpg

T.H. yep the bows seem to have the feed bag on the past few weeks.....

Seneca 8-14-2008

Ran down to park after 9am and Hoot was there so he hooked up with me for some fishing. Ran across to the Serven area set up deep and trolled in and north. Picked up two 20" laker that we put back in short order. Then it was dry for awhile. Next to go was a spoon on a slider with a 19.25" small mouth. Then the wire diver out 240' with a nice laker we lost at the net. The other diver went of and we lost that fish also. Then the spoon fired again with a salmon that jumped three times and off. Then a small laker on the spoon. I was three for 4 and Hoot was 0 for 4............... :lol: ....................

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there ERabbit! Nice pics of Carol's brother (BR) and the boys. I am neighbors with them down here in A-town. I have been fishing cayuga picking up Lakers mostly, just got back form Ontario for a few days with no luck at all. I have never fished Senaca but a few of us have been talking about giving it a try.

Have you done any small mouth fishing on seneaca or heard how others may be doing with them? We have been fishing cayuga 4 smallies all year and after no luck we decided to go after the lakers.

Hey Capt.Seaweed just got back from Lake Ontario out of Catfishcreek the fish are in up there now. We didn't do as well as years past but did get 15 fish in the boat the past week.

We fished for SMB a few years ago on Seneca and did well trolling. Using a mini-dics with small floating rapallas (sp) in black top brown sides white belly- black top sliver side white belly and the perch pattern both straight sticks and the jointed. I can't remeber the right one for what time but one worked real well in the morning and the other one was good for the evening bite. You may get bit off some more over here with all the pike on the evening bite.

• 2 weeks later...

We fished Seneca with a evening bite on the 6th from 3:30 pm till 6:45 pm picked up a nice batch of lakers. Best depth was 170' FOW 81' down 12' back with a red/black and glow back side BTI.

2008ontario002.jpg

We went back out late the next morning with Pete as he got there to late for the bite the day before. Worked same area with only one dink that we picked up. The temp was way deeper than the day before so I was hung up with heading north and hitting the west side or going south and hitting the west side.......................south and west we had a slow pick with many light bites on a spoon 71' down over 86' to 110' FOW back 45'.

2008ontario004.jpg

2008ontario007.jpg

2008ontario008.jpg