I am heading out Friday afternoon too.  Hopefully we can get into a few.  I am new to Salmon fishing on the lake, always caught them in the streams.  I have read that people troll until dark, then cast.  Why not troll after dark?  If Pier fishermen pick up Salmon in the middle of the night casting spoons why cant one troll through the night with spoons etc.?  Anyway good luck.  If anyone can give me a heads up at what to run, and depths for an afternoon I would appreciate it.  Let us know how you do on Thursday. 

Sorry for the late report.  Got out Friday from 6-11pm.  Started in 60 FOW and worked my way in close to piers at dark.  Marked fish but no hits.  Ran FF, J-Plug, Spoons, stick-baits nothing worked.  As I mentioned before I am new to downrigger fishing.  Learned a lesson.  We missed that we got into little shallower water from 60 to 50 fow and all of a sudden we hear a load "Crack!" noise and one of my downriggers is gone.  Cracked the base right off and I see my rod sticking straight up in the water slowly sinking.  Ball must of hooked the bottom.  Well, I got to use it twice!  We start reeling in our lines and one had hooked the line from the rod that sank, we were able to pull it in and salvage that rod from the bottom, I could feel it pulling out of the rod holder!

Also I have a question.  I saw a lot of Kayaker’s casting and trolling near the mouth late at night.  Some of the guys did not have lights on their boat!  One guy I did not notice until I saw his cigarette burning.  I am very courteous and willing to share the water with anyone out there, Kayak or big Charter boat, but come on guys you need to be a little more safety conscious, get a high stern light over your head while you are out there  -  and a bow lights when you are paddling around. 

I have run into the same situation (pun intended) several time at both the Oak and Olcott.  It can be quite dangerous.  Unfortunately, boats under oars (or paddles) are not required to display running lights at night.  They are however, required to carry a flashlight or lantern displaying a white light, that must be exhibited in sufficient time to avoid a collision with another vessel.  It is their responsibility to show the correct light signal in time to avoid the collision. 

It may be the CG reg's but good luck with that defense if you hit someone not showing a white light.

the fish definitly move up and some in close to shore.I tried last night and just one large bass on a j plug.The fish do move out after 800 or so depending on sun.found alot at 60 ft.Also saw many boats down the lake working the same area I was.Good sign they are still active.All action deep was on spoons magnum black green and glow MS or just anything black worked ok(prism tape helped alot)

Ive fished the lake since the eighties.The fish always lay on the bottom when the water is warm in september.Its hard to get them now because of the quagas fowling our lures. any black magnum spoon produces  especial black frog glow MS.Going back out now.good luck guys