Jigging Seneca north 9/19/14

guff

Had a good bite from noon to 3:00 yesterday out from Belhurst.  Got 6 lakers from 20 to 27 inch. Lots of marks in 80 to 120 fow. Chartreuse paddle tail was best on hermit's 1 oz jigs.My son's girlfriend got her first fish bigger than a sunfish and had quite a time getting it to the boat. She thought she had hooked a whale. Maybe we have a new fisherwoman in the family.

Had one attached lamprey but that is the first for this year. 

Charcoal grilled a couple (marinated)of them and everybody said "yum". 

Weather was absolutely perfect. Do love Finger Lakes fishing in the fall (well any time actually).

Nice going Al :yes:   Leave a few big ones for next years derby will ya? :)  Good thing you went yesterday that wind is really cranking this morning.

Yes Les - We picked the right day for sure. Must have been some heavy duty waves over the weekend. Being retired sure has its benefits.

Hope we did not annoy you with our celebrating glenm. Taking someone out for basically their first day of fishing and having them do well does get the adrenaline flowing. Having not been out to that area for a month and a half and starting at noon had me worried we would get skunked. Sure made my day when all 4 of us connected with some nice lakers.

Sounds like a beautiful week coming up. Got all my firewood stashed away for the winter so ready to roll now.