Boat name

Gene Shenk

I have been trying to come up with a boat name and just can not agree with the wife on anything so i asked my basketball crazy 8 yr old son to give it a try and he came up with Nothin but Net I like it but was wondering if anybody else that goes out of Sandy is already using it. I some times go out of the Oak but not very often. If somebody is using it then any suggestions would be good.

Thanks

Gene

Gene, I don't know if it is at Sandy or not, but I think I recall the boat name " Nothing but Net" from some area on Ontario. I could be mistaken here however. Having said that, I tried to get a thread started about boat names and their origins just a few weeks ago. I think there were only about a dozen responses on this. Which in all honesty surprised me. Again this leads me to suggest that maybe there should be a Boat name section and home port of call. That would then possibly enable many to not duplicate names that may be used currently in that area, but also familiarize others to who is actually fishing out of what ports. Granted there are many who travel to various ports, such as myself. But my home port would be the Oak. Best of luck in whatever name you choose however.-

Chinook

That sounds like a great idea! Anybody else know of a boat named Nothin but net if not I think it still is in the top 3 my boat shoud get here in about a week i am getting excited. Lots of stuff to order and install it should be fun.

Thanks

Gene

I am just getting my boat name made by a person that was on craigslist he showed me some of his work and for name across the back on the sides and on the cooler it is only going to be $50 and from every where I checked that seems to b a great price. if you give him your boat name he will do all kind of stuff with it. he gave me like 5 diff ones to chose from. I will see if it is ok to give out his # and get back to you

Hi Foster

Thanks for the input I am still undecided about the name but I will consider that there might be a guy out of a close port with the same name. If nobody has heard that name on the radio when going out of sandy I still might use it.

I am not docking this year I have 4 trips planned for 1000 islands pike/musky. I also will be drifting lake erie for those smllmouths a few times to so I am going to keep it on the trailer this year we might change our minds next year. I did not slip the old boat last year due to some surgery I had over the winter before and money was a little tight. Where are you docking on sandy now? And do you like it?

Gene

Gene, I did a little research on your request about "Nothing But Net" If you go to the LOC web page and look under past winners ( '06 or 07) there was a boat that went by that name. Having said that however, if you like it, I'd go ahead and use it. Especially if it was your son who came up with it. There are other ports where a boat name is shared. One of them being at the Oak. I know of a gentleman who fishes out of a 24' Thompson hardtop that goes by "Somethin Fishy" This gentleman is from the Cleveland Ohio area but has fished the Oak for many years. Just in the last couple of years there is now another boat who has taken on this very name. Has it caused any confusion for either of them Not that I'm aware of. Best of luck it what ever you decide. Have fun with the family and remember that your son gets the screamer that almost spools you :lol:---Duane

Thanks Guys

FosterI will keep that marina in mind if I decide to slip it next year.

Duane I think that will be the name, it will help the 8 yr. old boy keep his interest in the new boat and he gets to reel in every fish hooked!

Buy the way i picked up the boat today and ran it up to sandy for a quick seatrail and it ran great. The boat was used for 4 seasons on the niagara river only to drift fish so there is not much time on it. I have allot of stuff to buy fish finder, depth raider, pole holders, radio & antenna and assoreted other stuff. I am glad I grabed extra money when I moved money to buy it because I think it is going to be a little expensive.

Thanks again

Gene

Gene - How about a variation of that name: "Nut N Butnet", or "Nuting Butnet".

Or other B'Ball names: "Full court fisherman", "1/2 court fisherman", "Hoops & Nets", Hoopfull Fisherman", "Fishing Foul", "4 quarter fisherman", "Fish & Dunk", "Fish n Dribble", "3 Point Fisherman" , "Fish dribbler", "Dribbling Fishman", "Dunk & Dribble", "Dribble n Dunk"...

:)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Thanks Tom

I will let the boy look at these and see what he thinks they are all great!!

I think he also mentioned Slam Dunk and a few versions of that one to.

Thanks again I have time I am in no rush to name the boat but I cant wait to fish in it.

Gene

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys we finally settled on a name I will order the decals next week.

The name Will be FREEDOM since my brother has done 2 tours of Iraq and might still have to do another I could not think of anything more important to our family then our freedom.

Thanks

Gene

boat name Freedom

If your out on Sandy creek give a yell.