Owasco or Cayuga?

GeckoGuy

Hoping to go out tomorrow afternoon and fishing into the night.  Will we have better luck on Cayuga or Owasco, and what are some depths you recommend fishing in?  Really hoping to catch some fish as we haven't been having any luck on lake O.  Thanks in advance.

If it were me I'd be fishing Owasco because it is a great little lake and has some big fish in it and you can cover a lot of the lake in a short time increasing your odds of catching. I'd launch at Emerson Park at the north end and troll south at about 40-75 ft down over whatever with medium/small spoons off downriggers and also flashers and spinneys/fly off dipseys. trolled medium fast 2.5-3.0. You should connect with rainbows and lakers at the least. If you fish Seth Green rigs don't be afraid to troll right down the middle of the lake with a mixture of spoon sizes.

Edited by Sk8man

X2 on Owasco! Just fished a tourny there 2wks ago, and we trolled the south end. Stayed basically in the middle. Around 45-60 was the best fishing. Top 4 out of 5 fished the south end. Spoons 3"" were hot. I use only our lures, Oakie Doakies, kw's and silver soldiers. Took all the OD's off they weren't getting any hits. (Magnum size) Rattling lures were hot for us, this past Sun as well. Bait in fish cleaned were 2.5-3" long, and most were packed full of it. Colors, all white, firetiger, and blk/ppl were hot for us. We averaged15 fish per day. If you scroll down the posts you should find 2 recent Owasco reports.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

X3 on what Jason said. The south end had the only nice bait that we marked, wish I had stuck with that area. Also there is a chance for some beautiful walleye!

The winner of that tournament had a five fish total of over 36 lbs... three Lakers, a Brown and an 8 lb bow, wow!!

Stop into hills n valleys (Elmira) and grab a few stinger sized spoons, and anything finger lakes tackle.. Like sk8man said run some shallow and fast, even if you are over deeper water. Good luck

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app