8th Anual Mark Troy Memorial Musky Tournament

The 8th annual Mark Troy Memorial Musky Tournament will be held Saturday October 4th on Waneta Lake. It is put on by Jim Reynolds, Bob Saucke and Captain Ed Cragg in memory of Jim's friend and fishing partner, Mark Treau, who passed away in 2006 with cancer.

This is a catch and release tournament. Judge boats are used to verify your catch. Tournament hours will be 7 am til 3:30 pm. Morning fog could delay the start. Registration will be at the boat launch between 6 and 7 am. The entry fee is $25 per angler and this is a cash tournament with prizes for first, second and third place. I do not have all the rules but I believe they will be the same as last year and will be provided to participants before the start of the tournament. After 4PM will be the awards, then a cookout, raffle table, 50/50 raffle and group picture. Bring your own drinks. We are working on arranging the cottage on Swarthout point.

If you have any questions, you can call Jim at 585-670-0422 or post them here.

I have fished this tourney every year since the first one and it has always been a great time even though I have yet to enter a fish.

It's a blast Brent! If you have a radio on the boat then it's even more fun listening to all the commentary throughout the day. Hope to see some of you guys out there! Look for me trolling in 5 feet of water at 7mph wearing a big cowboy hat 😋

Sent from Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Mike, Brent & Joe on their fish and special thanks to Capt. Ed (Reel Rippin Charters), Jim Reynolds (Mr. Toothy) and Bob for putting on a great event each year.  I have a blast fishing this tourney and meeting all the guys in person and putting some names to faces. 

This is the only tournament that I have ever fished where the judge boats come around and deliver hot Chili to the participants while they are fishing!  :coffee:

As always, the tournament was a great time. The cold front was producing rain and chilly temps. as well as muskies in the morning. About 10 min into the tournament Mike was about 100 yds. away from me when he boated a nice 39.5" fish that set the bar for the rest of the day. The 2nd and third place fish both measured in at 38.5". I believe there were 6 fish total caught in the tournament of which all but maybe one were caught before noon and there were 37 anglers participating. Bob Saucke, one of the judges, caught a 31 incher also. I still haven't broken my record of zero fish for the tournament. As always, the post tourney gathering was a good time with a cookout, awards, group picture and raffles. Trophies and cash awards went to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place anglers and Captain Ed printed and framed pictures of their catches.

I went out with Mr Toothy on Sunday. We didn't have any action until evening. Toothy caught a 37" trolling a new lure he is producing, about 10' down over 20' and caught a 34" casting the same lure in 7 fow. The only action I had was a follow and miss about 15' from the boat walking a glide bait in 6 fow.