Any "warm" water fishing reports

Just looking ahead to the weekend already! 

Wondering how the small mouth bite has been on Keuka or even Seneca lately?  Was thinking about taking my son over to the river to rake up some dobson and trying our luck for some smallies.  It has been years since I have fished for fall smallies as I am usually in the salmon mode.  (Nothing quite like watching the float twitch as a salmon gnaws on a big chunck of skein!!!)  Over the last few years it has gotten more and more frustrating as the crowds get bigger and bigger.  I dont even want to take the kids up anymore as I dont want to expose them to the "un" sportsman like acts I wittness every year.  So I have been thinking about getting back on the finger lakes for the quieter fishing of fall.  Thinking about going to Hamondsport, but can go elsewhere, to try some jigging for lakers and trying to get some smallies and perch (basically anything that I can get a smile on the kids face).

If there is not much going on, I have been wanting to take him to a couple spots on the river, that I used to know, where we could target walleye.  Has that fishing started to heat up yet?  He really wants to get one so he can eat it and see if it is as good as I tell him it is....

Thanks for any help, and I will be sure to report my findings!!!