Port Bay suggestions

bbolger

• 2 weeks later...

Had a couple good days last week and the week before. For the most part they were bay perch. Fished Tompkins and Graves.uch slower this weekend but did get a very large crappie off Tompkins today...my first here. Took a peek out in the lake late morning hoping to find a school ... Nope!

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was in one of the two out there... the one wth the riggers on the back with the side console steering... thats usually parked on the west side of Graves n the hoist  about 5-6 docks souh of the point

Bruce

It may be over by now, but there is a fall bullhead run that happens in Port Bay.  From first light to about 9 am you can catch them all along Tompkins Pt  and East Port Bay Road in deep water using leeches and the traditional bullhead set up.  Use two anchors to keep your boat still so you can detect the bites.  Usually it starts around Labor Day.  I always catch more in the Fall than in the Spring.  I quit at the end of September but they may still be there. 

Funny you should mention bullhead as I caught one off Tompkins in the 22fow I was perching in on a fathead on a perch setup... almost kept it for my mom who loves them but thought maybe they aren't as tasty as the cold water spring ones...

• 1 month later...