Obama's Speech

BSmaster

Obama has said it today 9-24-14

“The only language understood by killers like this is the language of force," Obama told the United Nations General Assembly in his annual address.

Now if the NRA says this then (they did), well, umm, let’s see, What?

exactly…

Bunch of hippocrits...

Why not rolmops? Nothing wrong about talking politics as long as there is a respectful exchange of ideas from both sides. Unfortunately that is not what is occuring in our country today! Both parties are becoming so polarized to opposite sides of the spectrum that it will indeed be "radical". When we become like that we will no better than those that call us "infandels".

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Why not? Because it starts as a rational discussion, but  usually ends up as an emotional screaming match that is just not fit for a family friendly place.

If you want to see how it ends up you should go to "The Hull Truth"  and visit "The Bilge" chatroom.

The worst part is that people tend to get drawn in against their better judgement and say things that they regret later

Edited by rolmops

Rolmops

I Truly appreciate your service to or country. You have my utmost respect! My son just enlisted into the army, he goes to basic in two weeks, I am very proud of him. When my friend was interviewed for his security clearance he said this about my boy "he is Ted White and Blue ". Now back when he was in fifth grade he was told he could not bring in Mr. Nugents book because it became a distraction to the class, and it created to much debate... I have a degree in political science , I went in and discussed this with the teacher, the book was allowed... if we stop debating politics we stop learning. If we don't consider all possibilities we become closed minded. I agree that this may not be the forum to discuss this topic but this site is full of great outdoors folks, each has their own opinion which is what forums should be about. I hesitated to comment on Obama's speech because of my starch conservativism. But he has learned.. He is a short term pres., his party is not condoning his actions but I give him credit for taking action and protecting our country. The political lines are too far apart, there is only one thing brings them together, war, or to say it more acceptable way, war on terrorism..

oh by the way president Obama also supports natural gas drilling. So go figure he needs more $ to support his Obama care....

what we need to do is keep learning and don't take everything you hear from our media as truth or gospel.... whether its Fox news or CNBC.. just saying..... lets fish!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Rolmops

I thank you for your service to our country as every American should. It is because of individuals such as you that every American enjoys the liberties that we have, one of the greatest being the freedom of speech. Nautitroller makes excellent points about an exchange of ideas leads to a better educated society. I agree with this and further reiterate that debate of any kind regarding any topic should be done with respect for the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have no issue with freedom of speech.

If people like to discuss non fishing related matter on this board then maybe there is room for a dock side chat room (red dock?) where you can discuss things to your heart's delight.

It's just that when politics enter the arena, trolls are not far behind.

I have no issue with freedom of speech.

If people like to discuss non fishing related matter on this board then maybe there is room for a dock side chat room (red dock?) where you can discuss things to your heart's delight.

It's just that when politics enter the arena, trolls are not far behind.

What topic on this board does not bring some sort of troll out of the wood work?

I'm really sorry if I offended anyone.  I was just letting the hunters and gun owners out there know what is going on with our governors Phase II along with BSmaster post.  A lot of folks are unaware of Phase II if Cuomo gets reelected and seeing that there are many gun owners who are also fishermen/fisherwoman, I thought it would be nice to share my opinion.  I am not good with words and my vocabulary isn't the best but I talk from the heart.  I have never been arrested, worked two jobs, always paid my  taxes, never been in trouble with the law but when I want to take my kid squirrel hunting or target shooting with one of our 22's I have to make sure I don't have more that seven bullets in the tube or I will be arrested thanks to our governors Safe Gun Act.   I have a problem with that .This thing about micro stamping bullets and all the other laws he backed doored in.    I don't think the criminals who have stolen illegal guns in their possession are going to abide by Cuomo's Safe Act and turn their guns in.   The best way to disarm a nation is to disarm it's citizens.

We sportsmen and Americans need to stick together. It saddens me the way this country is heading. Our rights are not important to some. I wish people would correct those who give thanks for something they did not do nor take the oath the same as I , and many others on this site did.

Red Dock? Good idea! So I don't have the attention span to read the whole thread but I get it,,, if memory serves me Rolmops is a dues paying liberal and doesn't like the right wing crazy's. Like most of us. At least in terms of discussing politics.

Red dock as far as I know is a dock in Oswego or Sodus where a group of dedicated fisherman dock and sometimes have a beer or two. My political opinions are libertarian with a social conscience and not extreme in any direction. Right or left wing crazies? I don't like either of them although both will sometimes give me something to laugh about.

On the Lam? I'm dying to outfish you in every single tournament next year!

Lol Rolmops. I in fact am a red dock founding member. You are welcome any time... to visit! Have a drink or two.

As far as your political position, i may have confused you with someone else, so apologies.

Looking forward to fishing next year as well. You may have beaten us already!

What's your boat name?

I fish as a crew member with the Horsin'around team. My own boat's name used to be Salmon Slayer when I bought it. That name does not describe what I feel about fishing. My team members think that I should call it "Dis&Det" because I cannot get rid of my dutch/Israeli accent.

Erskin I believe the SAFE Act specifies that detachable magazines can have only 7 rounds I do not think the idiots that came up with it thought about tubular magazines nor did they evidence much if any understanding of firearms in that so-called piece of legislation.

Edited by Sk8man

Read this fact don't know if its accurate

Last election Cuomo won by one million votes

Two million gun owners voted

There are approximately four million gun owners

I won't make that mistake again I hope you don't either