Couldn't wait

perch predator

Took a trip down to nw nj for the early deer archery opener and had a blast. Nothing more exciting than walking to a baited stand at 5:30 am to find a 300 + lb bear sitting in the bait and not willing to leave. That's why my buddy gave me a blunt tip and come day break I had my first catch and release bear. Quickly got my first doe down to earn a buck. I swear it was 4 bucks per doe but I easily saw 20+ deer per day. Missed a slammer and settled on a nice 8 and 6 does for the freezer and another c&r 400 lb bear. Oh yeah had a bear take a mature doe outa my friends tree in his yard. On our way back we discussed how with so many bears someone would die soon. Next day someone did. Its crazy down there. Also hit some private ponds for many 5-7 lb bass on sawbellies. Now I can concentrate on mr big and enjoy my season knowing I've got enough meat for the family.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Took a trip down to nw nj for the early deer archery opener and had a blast. Nothing more exciting than walking to a baited stand at 5:30 am to find a 300 + lb bear sitting in the bait and not willing to leave. That's why my buddy gave me a blunt tip and come day break I had my first catch and release bear. Quickly got my first doe down to earn a buck. I swear it was 4 bucks per doe but I easily saw 20+ deer per day. Missed a slammer and settled on a nice 8 and 6 does for the freezer and another c&r 400 lb bear. Oh yeah had a bear take a mature doe outa my friends tree in his yard. On our way back we discussed how with so many bears someone would die soon. Next day someone did. Its crazy down there. Also hit some private ponds for many 5-7 lb bass on sawbellies. Now I can concentrate on mr big and enjoy my season knowing I've got enough meat for the family.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow - great hunt. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you took advantage of the unlimited antlerless deer take in NJ. I thought I remember hearing about that at one time that there's no limit on doe (not sure if it's both gun and bow, or just certain seasons)

Great job - way to fill the freezer,

Chris