Canandaigua 9/24 & 9/25

Fbog12

Got out for a couple hours each day.  Started in front of the pump house on Wednesday and had a clean screen so we picked up and headed right to Tichenor.  Marked some good fish right off the point in 60-70 fow near the bottom.  Just kept at them and finally got a 20'' laker to hit on a Yozuri stick bait.  That was all we could do.

Didn't have much time today so I stayed right near the pump house.  There were some good bait pods and a few fish in that 60 foot range in 60 - 80 fow but they had lock jaw.  Fleas are still pretty bad.  Surface temp is at 66.  Hoping that cooler nights will bring that down and clear the fleas as well.  I should get out again next week so I can let folks know what's happening so they can get ready for the Seager Marine tournament on Oct 4th!

Thanks for the report Ted. The north end and west side has been tough this season compared with years past.  Those darned fleas don't help matters either.  Hard to tell whether these night time temps will bring down the water temps quickly enough for the feas to dissipate by the Seager tournament or the FLTA tournament on Canandaigua.  - if the wind is down it may be a "jiggers"  day and tough trolling based on recent results for most of us.  I still wish I were going to be here for it but I'll be on my way to LA right then (driving). Hopefully the fishing will be good when I return.  I'm hoping to have a free day to go for the tuna off the coast of Mexico but not sure at this point. Keep after them Ted :)  and good luck.

Nice report!! This tournament on 4th coming up how do you sign up and is it by boat or per person? ? Definitely might be interested for coming over for the weekend since I have a tournament there the next day... Thanks ahead for the info ...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice report!! This tournament on 4th coming up how do you sign up and is it by boat or per person? ? Definitely might be interested for coming over for the weekend since I have a tournament there the next day... Thanks ahead for the info ...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Mike,

Their website says pre register by mail $20, or register the day of the tourney between 7-9 am. The tourny is "individual". (I would only register one person on the boat since it doesn't state all members must be registered and only one fish can win) Its a trout, perch, bass tourny. You can only win one event. Only first place gets paid. $100 gift card and 1/3 of the proceeds. Maybe we will see you there.  

Jason

Nice summary Jason.  Just one correction - all occupants of a boat must be registered.  Rule #2 states this.  This helps all the registrants as it builds the prize money which is returned to the winners.

Hopefully it'll be as nice as this weekend!!