wader purchase help

J1NX

Hi everyone

I am heading to pulaski ny at the end of october with a few friends for my first ever steelhead trip. They have gone the last 3-4 years and really enjoy it so i figured why not ill tag along for a few nights. I do a ton of bass fishing here in MA but this is obviously a whole new ball game for me.

I am basicly looking for a good brand of waders that i can use in the salmon river. Something that i can easily get a few seasons out of. I'm looking to spend like $200 if that's possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated for this rookie! :yes:

Hi

Best bet is for you to spend your money in Pulaski many stores carry exactly what you need for this type of fishing and you can ck the fit, not every manufactures have same dimensions so you may buy from the mail something that you need to return. With the season being slow many running discounted prices. 

My suggestion is to buy a breathable waders I own one of this simms

http://whitakers.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/0081447.2.1734144066018339132/product_information.html

and korkers boots they have a interchangable sole so you can use for different type of fishing

http://whitakers.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/0081463.2.1566168406815984423/product_information.html

When you buy quality stuff will last you for many years, and if you like fishing you will definitely get hooked on the steelhead.

You can find also a waders for under a 100 many options to chose from . Some stores open 4-5 am and stay open late. So when you get to buy fishing licence you get your stuff  at same time. 

I second the korker boots with studded rubber bottoms. Any bootfoot breathable waders will be fine. I'm on my 15th year with a cheap pair of hodgemans and 5th on a pair of frog toggs. IMO~the more expensive waders are a little better...but your mostly paying for the name and better warranty.

Definitely spend the money on Korkers Omnitrax boots. I love mine and all my friends that own them love theirs as well. The bottom line model will cost you around $100. Buy the soles with the largest studs. I own every Korkers sole and those are the only ones I will ever use on the salmon river for steelhead. Ive owned all types of waders and you will regret getting boot foot waders. The Korkers Omnitrax are a great investment you won't regret.

Edited by boho607

LL BEAN lifetime guarantee anything fails they replace them no questions asked they are great

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ditto. Lucked into a pair of Helix waders at a LL Bean outlet and paired them with a pair of Korkers from All Seasons in Pulaski

If you plan on fishing cold weather, you may want to consider neopreme.  My cousin likes breathable, but since one cold December day, I won't wear breathables.  My legs were still cold 8 hours later (not an exaggeration.)

The thickeat neopremes are less than $200. If interested, you may want to look for thickness more than brand. I have had good luck with both Gander Mountain  and Cabela's