Being observer

I tried to find a search for this but can't figure out how to search the forums.

Anyway I was thinking of volunteering to be an observer for the tourneys as I've heard from you guys that it's a good way to learn the lake and how to fish it. I was just wondering if someone could give me some info about it and anything else that might be pertinent.

Are you out all day? Do I need to bring a lunch and water or do some of the boats provide that? I guess I'm not allow to catch any fish at all? Do the boats have portajons or just a bucket or depends on boat?

Thanks for the info.

dukhnter8, Observing for a Pro Am team is a GREAT way to learn.

Teams will be posting for an observer on this board, so depending on what one your looking at you will have little problem joining up....just keep an eye open or post what Pro Am your interested in and someone will contact you. Our team could use one for Oswego and/or Sodus.

Some boats will have a head, some have a tin can. We have a porta potty in the cabin, but not a full head. You will need a lunch and drinks for yourself. If you think there is any chance of getting sea sick....take meds for it before you get on the boat. A team will not/ cannot bring you back in if you're sea sick. You cannot fish, or assist the team in any manner. Your job is to observe what the do, make sure they abide by the rules and keep a log of the fish caught.

Also...many teams will pay you for the two days. It's a great way to learn new tricks and meet new people.

Dukhntr, I could use an observer for the niagra tournament and the orleans if you are interested.We will be up pre fishing on thursday and friday you would be more than welcome to join us if you are interested.As far as the tournament goes you would be observing aboard another team representing us.If you have any interest feel free to let me know.

I enjoy it , you learn alot and get to meet some some of the best fisherman on the lake. And some interesting characters!! like team REBEL ;) BE ON time each morning and have the pens and watch that you need for the paperwork. The capt. will find you a place to sit thats out of the way. Ask questions and enjoy yourself.. You are repesenting your team, so try to do your best.

i could also do the observer thing in the pro ams. am retired and very flexible. been fishing the eslo/loc derbies since day one and have done o.k. never get sea sick and will bring my own beer. most importantly will try not to thro my 2 cents in tho that could be very hard.

ladyblue gill ,please send photo ...........................of boat and moter .................thank you for your offer of expertice i hope to meet you at the info meeting,keep your head high and give orders like my wife and youll have us by the proper ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,form.....................

I am looking for an observer. Anyone interested in making a few extra bucks please email me at [email protected]. I'll be inn Olcott Thursday 5/29 and more than welcome to join us. I also have a slip in Olcott and if ya want we can go out anytime prior to ternament. Give me an email.

ray, i would love to observe you and muskybob at the same time but that would probably be against the pro am rules. did you ever try my roemer tip? see you don't listen when ladyblugill tries to make fishing easy for you. i think i'll hedge my observing bet on muskybob if he'll have me. any one who can pick the superbowl like him is a real winner with me.

yes i did use your romer tip. uh what was it? saves time and probly a break off or two .definatly nicer to the lighter line... Thank You ...hey could you keep it down about teaching me a thing or two theres a lot of guys here that might start picking on me taking advice from a woman and all.ive got a short,fat ,bald reputation to keep up.

So if you sign up for observing can you just go for a day or two or do you need to sign up for a whole tourney. I can spare a few days. I would probably start at the oak since this is the closest as I live in oakfield (near batavia).

Is it best to just talk to guys on this cool site or to Dawn that I got from another post?

Are the tourneys listed on here somewhere, so I can plan my time. I'll probably contact a boat and set that up.

Thanks for all the info.

Being an Observer for a team Either Pro or Am is probably one of the best times you could have out fishing Lake O. I have fished on Teams, and observered for teams for over 10 years now. My only advice is to be on time, don't try and give any suggestions(it's very hard when you cannot fish), and just have a good time out on a boat which you usually wouldn't be on . Give your respect to the captain, and remember that you are on their boat for the only reason that the rules for the tournament are kept fair. It is a very good learning experience. Rock on and see ya all in Olcott-Mick