9-27-14 Genny & Russell

Well,  just had to see the sunrise over the water one more time this year:

9-27-14A_zps22e8161d.jpg

Obviously launched before sunrise this morning.  2 guys already launched.  Had to use the passenger side dock which was quite a trick for me, in the dark.  Anyways, made it in & headed out.  Clear sky, slight south wind.  Warm morning & very little current.

River 65.5F on surface.  Didn’t mark anything going out.  Little guy trolling middle of pierheads; Charter approaching from the left; another closing on my stern and three guys casting off Charlotte…Yikes!  Kind of hard geting out the river this time of year without P-ing someone off.  I didn’t see any scrambling or hear anything so I must have made it okay.

Anyways, took a left and went outside of the pack again.  About 30 FOW, green j-plug (new one this time) took a little king, about 23â€.  Down 19, medium lead, 3 mph.

Didn’t hear a lot being caught on the radio.  Counted 27 boats around the mouth.  Mostly the “big†guys.  Stayed in the area till about 8 then headed out to 85FOW, off Russell.  All kinds of bait 97-115FOW.  Some really huge pods.  Had two releases on spoons but wasn’t fast enough.  Wind changed around 9 to out of the west.  Stayed out till 10 then called it a season.

Maybe 10 trailers in the lot.  A little boat was pulling out & they said they got 6,up-river, casting.  6 what – I don’t know.  Attendant was there with his golf clubs.  Joe’s a great guy.  Hope to see him next year.

Got the boat home, pulled all the gear out.  I’m done for the year.  Good luck to anyone still in.

Tom B.

(LongLine)