Wonder where all the salmon are?

Mexico Bay. 9/28/14. Fished 130 - 230 fow. Temp still down 130' , fish were not terribly cooperative but here are a few screen shots. Furuno screen looked like this most of the morning. All the targets found were 120 - 140 feet down. There is fish just outside the bay...hopefully the run is just late.

post-139527-0-18303200-1411997491_thumb.jpg

post-139527-0-03383400-1411997512_thumb.jpg

I was out yesterday and fished a good spot. Lots of fish and hits.Most of the kings were laying on the bottom 60 ft.I said just wait till later and it would be awesome when they turn on late as usual.I waited till 530 and went back. The whole area was empty of fish.The kings come and go this time of the year and with little boat traffic it takes alot of time finding them.

The fished by me moved alot this year hardly ever the same place they were before.

Fished inside both Saturday 7:30am to 2pm in front of river from 15fow out to 35-40 back and forth marked fish and seen a good amount jumping around but only had one release all day. Talked with the DEC at the launch when we got back in and they said there was a few being caught early with j-plugs during the week. So Sunday morning hit the water at 6:30 am right in front of Selkirk 12-20 fow to just north of the river. Didn't have anything the first pass turn back south and put a 6" chrome dodger with 6' of 40lb line ahead of a bloody nose J-Plug no more than got it out 80' back and had a good king jumping and splashing all the way to the boat but as Shelby was trying to net it decided to one more good aerial display and off it came! sent it back out and few minutes later my 11 yr old granddaughter reeled in a nice 5# smallie, had two more kings on lost one as it tangled around the downrigger cable, and another lost on a break-off! Lost a bloody nose j-plug with one! Picked up around 11:30 and went for a little boat ride, lake and weather was beautiful! Hoping to get out a couple more times before quitting (Columbus Day) for the year.

post-144884-0-55291900-1412000937_thumb.jpg

post-144884-0-95122100-1412000951_thumb.jpg

Hello Lou

Glad to see that you made it out for the day. I would have liked to be there with you, but my honey do list is just too large for full day trips. I did make it out for a morning run though.

There is a lot of fish in front of the Genny just like in front of the Salmon river. but something is definitely out of sync. When I came back on the dock in I-Bay,there was a guy who showed me a 20+ pound three year old with spring silver coloring and none of the other physical changes that one would expect around this time of year. It looked like it was not going to spawn this year. Maybe just maybe we will have 4 year olds by the ton next year. And if so, may they be near the Little Salmon River in July!