senica

I was thinking about going out on Seneca Lake one last time before winterizing the boat.the forecast is calling for winds out of the west southwest at 14 mph with gusts to over 20 mph. Does anyone have experience with this type of wind on Seneca Lake. I was planning to launch out of Sampson, and just wondering if anybody had any advice on how fish able the conditions might be.

Ed is right the wind will be blowing right toward the chute and although "doable" it isn't much fun fighting the wind out off the east side when it is blowing like that. Launching from Severne you'd be able to hug the west shoreline for a little more protection if it stays westerly. Often though when it starts out SW it changes to due S and if 20 or above hold on to your hat :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

thanks for the info guys. I am fishing out of a 21 foot trophy so I am sure it can handle it. Just trying to decide if it is worth battling the chop; my wife is working so I have to take my 6 and 8 year old boys. I take them out all the time but usually in much calmer water.

Thanks again for shareing your experience. This has been my first year trolling and have found this to be a great site with lots of seasoned fishermen. I figured the weather would be to rough, but I figured I would run it past some people with more time on the lake

It might be ya never know... But I think with all the great fishing talent in our club someone will bring some healthy fish to the scale...

Mike

I agree, here is a thought, temps warming up have put these pre spawn fish into a hold mode awaiting the cool down so they can get busy. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

There is also alot of warm water on top and this awesome south wind we have been having day after day is rolling the colder water up from the depth.. Temps on Seneca are a huge difference today compared to yesterday so that should help too.....

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app