Canandaigua 10/1 & 10/2

Got out for a couple hours each day, late afternoon.  Fish weren't biting, but the good news is that the fleas and grass were not bad.  Fleas that I did get were the lighter colored variety that could be flicked easily.  I marked pretty good with bait and fish, mostly at the 60 foot depth over 60 to 100 fow.  Fished from the pump house down to Tichenor and a little farther south, mostly west side.  Good marks right off the point at Tichenor.  Not sure what the approaching cold front and winds will do for the weekend fishing.  Hopefully things will settle down for the FLTA group on Sunday.  Good luck to all!

Reminder - the Seager Marine Tournament on Saturday (10/4) has been canceled.

Canandaigua has been tough this summer, Mike.  I wouldn't give up on it yet though.  Things are a little late this year so mid to later October and early November could be good.  Wednesday was one beautiful afternoon on the lake though!

Yeah, Theresa was relieved were not sleeping on the boat tonight. I'm expecting to get there tomorrow by noon and check a few places out before deciding where to fish. I'd be glad to give you a report, since there is no chance of me catching up to you in points, but I may plan on following you around, since your almost impossible to beat!  :lol:  Good luck Mike! See you there Sun. Keep up the good year! 

Jason

Canandaigua was rolling pretty good today with the consistent 25+ mph SSE winds.  Very quiet at the marina!  I'm sure all the lakes were the same.  Things don't sound as bad for tomorrow afternoon (west winds 9 - 15) and Sunday (southwest 11-15).  If you're not aware, there is a Weatherbug station at Seager Marine (it's listed as the Finger Lakes Visitors Connection) that can provide up to the minute conditions for the lake.

Good luck with your scouting, Jason.  I'll be working at Seager's tomorrow if you happen to make it up to the north end of the lake.

Again - welcome to the FLTA group, have fun, and I hope you have a safe and 'fish full' tournament!!

Ted