Duck Season 2014

Well its here, duck season! Greeted with 20mph winds and rain. Still going to make the best of it and hope to have a good morning shoot. Will post pics later....hopefully

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am out as well' fought the big waves and hope to get my son his first, found a spot out of the wind so hope it works out. Good luck to everyone

Sent from my LGLS990 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Rained cats and dogs where we were. Public land had someone set up to close but still had a couple shots. None of our shots connected and will also make an adjustment to where the ducks wanted and see what tomorrow brings

Sent from my LGLS990 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Battled through the rain yesterday and came out of the morning with 5 mallards for our efforts. Hunted a different spot with another buddy last night and managed 3 more mallards. Woke to much more enjoyable weather today. Went back to the same area as last night and my buddy brought his 7 month old chocolate lab, Ace, with him. We wanted to get the dog some experience more than anything but still came out of the morning with a teal. Saw some other birds but couldn't get the shots. The dog had a great time and was surprisingly well behaved, he's got some potential and I look forward to hunting with him in the coming years. Now its off to the evening shoot to hopefully have another successful hunt...

post-148205-14125323575022_thumb.jpg

Yessir you as correct. Now that I look at the head that makes sense. I honestly never paid much attention to the bird as he shot and recovered it. He said teal and I sounded good to me from a distance. Im still fairly new at the waterfowl thing, 2nd season, thanks for pointing that out

Eye Spy.....I hope your not a deer hunter. I was a die hard deer hunter..then a buddy of mine took me on a Bufflehead shoot and the rest is history. I barely get out bow hunting now. I spend way more money than I should on decoys, dogs, boats, and steel shot. The last few years Ive done some unbelieveable hunts across the United States. It is a total sickness. I puposley shoot the first two deer I see opening day of gun season, just so I can fill the freezer and get back to duck hunting. Good luck with the rest of your season and shoot em in the lips!

I still like to think that im a bow hunter but I it does seem harder and harder to do both. I will always be a deer hunter and knew I needed another addiction like a hole in the head. I really enjoy the camaraderie of waterfowl hunting. Now I just cherry pick the best days to deer hunt. Good luck to you and everyone else ad well

• 2 weeks later...