Canandaigua 10-3

We went out of German Brothers at 6:45 on my buddy’s pontoon boat with a steady breeze blowing from out of the south, southeast. We decided to head south and over to the east side and then troll back north, letting the wind push us along. We stopped in the area of the Pelican Point Marina in about 60 FOW and dropped our lines: One downrigger (Cannon Mini-Troll with 60 foot max depth), one 10 color lead core, and one Dipsy diver. We ran a mix of flasher-spoon, Spin Doctor-fly, and cowbell-spoon.

Things were pretty slow. We had a release on the downrigger fairly early, but no one home. Around 8:30 we had another release on the downrigger and netted a laker of approximately 3 lbs. It was released after a quick photo. About 9:30 the downrigger went again and we boated a small (12-13â€) rainbow… released quickly without a photo. Both fish were caught on a Sutton spoon with flasher We had a later release on the downrigger with no luck and I had a real solid hit on the Dipsy as I was letting it out, approximately 50 feet back, but no hook-up.

By this time it was after 10:00 and the lake was really rolling with plenty of white caps and we had drifted north of German Bros. We had to time our turn back south between some waves that I would guess were a good four feet from peak to valley. We took a number of those head-on while motoring south and by the time we reached the slip we were both soaked to the skin. It made for a rather exciting finish to a relatively quiet morning of fishing. But after a change of clothes and we were off to Centerpointe for our 1:30 tee time – and even more wind.

There were a few weeds and a few fleas, but overall not too bad.

post-154042-0-15474500-1412455840_thumb.jpg