Today was my day

iceman05

Well Ray here ya go.....I was hunting a small 7acre piece my neighbor lets me hunt behind my house and at about 8am this buck came out walking right at me....he barley gave me time to grab the bow....so I had him straight on at 5yds which had me shaking like leaf....the buck spooked as an arrow slowly started to fall out of my quiver but didn't fall to the ground thank god .....luckily he jumped back 20yrds turned around and came right back to me eventually giving me a 10yrd broadside shot ! .......I will say I have been using the evercalm deer scent for two years now and the deer love it ....that bedding scent seems to give them just enough security on windy days or if they are spooked to calm their nerves

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

shakin like a leaf says it all....did ya have a little trouble getting the release on the line..he he ..unless im peeing i keep my bow in my hand 100% of the time arrow nocked...and if i sence anything comming i clip on the string with the release....after over 25 years of bow hunting I still shake like a leaf,miss nock arrows and have trouble lockin on the release...A good hunter knows his own faults ,and eleminates his weakness by being prepared,just don't get caught with yer pants down.Thanks for your story......

opps better toss on another log...whos next?

Ray K.