Otisco,10/8

I assumed with a full moon topped off with an eclipse i would get bit on every cast. Not so much. One tiger and a stout bass. Tiger ate an eel in 10fow near the causeway. Bass took a spoon under a tree on the west side. Water is 62 and pretty clear.post-142867-14127975759969_thumb.jpgpost-142867-14127975917822_thumb.jpgpost-142867-14127976088546_thumb.jpgthere it goes.

Nice fish old man and great report!

Its down more like 30 inches...last weekend a buddy of mine got a toad fishing deeper water with heavy jigs for bass. Mid forties released...couple other guys got avg ones...I was fishing at night and only one I saw was the same big sob that hangs near the creek near the marina. I lost an f18 to it the week prior and it kept on feeding. Need to go stick that pig with more than light tackle.

So last night I cant take sitting here another minute...its a full moon,  cloudy, and windy.  Off to Otisco I go...I figure gotta be a good night.  I pull in...go up to my deck and see something on the deck...Looks like a package...well it seems old man has left me a one of his hot Savage eels to try!  Thank you very much and Ill be sure to throw it some this weekend.  I use the savage holographic sand eels with success in the salt for striper and I know they make a quality product.  Incidently the lake went flat, then the moon came out, and It was dead.  We did get a strong wind from 130 to 300 and lost 1 eye.  I went late planning on fishing shallow, but wished I got up there a bit earlier and tried trolling as I limited many times this year trolling the full moon.  Trolling is fun but if you can catch casting its awesome.

THANK YOU AGAIN OLD MAN!   Thats the type of thing this forum is about...sharing and making friends...not what you find in the trib section this time of year.  

I left it there to say thanks for the help at the tournament in may and all the helpful posts since. The eel may get you a muskie when all else fails. Some guys on here put up some real useful info,mostly justin and larry. I try to but i don't get enough fish to be a factor. I have a chatauqua map that i have written larry's tips on for ten years. Time of year,depths,lures,speeds,etc. most of the muskies i have caught there are from doing what capt. Larry said.

It's never easy to catch a muskie but knowing you're in a good spot with a good bait will keep you going. I