Fall Lake Ontario walleye

Yinz

Sweet what a hog, that's the size I'm looking for, for a replica mount, have one mounted 12.75#s 33.5 inches long, Great JOB!!! hope you land a few more like that!!  :yes:  :yes:

Beauty fish congrats. Stateside or canada?

Yinz....beautiful big 'eye!! Since everyone (I think....) is aware of the big walleyes regularly caught in the Bay of Quinte region of the Big O, you won't be causing a problem with folks "horning in" on the area if that is where it was caught. Same is true of anywhere on the lake. I caught my biggest walleye fishing for early shallow salmonids close to shore. Was letting out a #11 black and silver original floating Rapala.....had not even hooked up to the rod holder when it took the bait and to great surprise a fat bug-eyed 8 lber. Not the brown we thought it might be. First fish of the day. This was in early May in Wayne county NY. Not an area known for walleyes. I was just wondering if anyone else has picked up a bruiser 'eye or two while fishing for salmonids or anything else (bass?) around the south shore (NY) in the main body of the lake in the last year. And I don't mean the bays, rivers, or eastern shore, where 'eyes are more common. In the main lake. I was about to ask that in a posting when I saw your thread...... Soooo.....care to give a where and how report on that fine specimen you got.....?

That is one for the photo album for sure! Well done. We never seem to catch them that big 'on purpose'. Once in a blue moon catch one in that price range trolling for muskies. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United