My best season yet. (And I have yet to shoot at anything)

This is my third season hunting with my daughter Lily and I have never had as much fun in the woods as I have had this season. Last saturday she got her first bow kill on a mature dow then tonight she got a 6 point with her shotgun. With each season I have seen her grow as a hunter and I could not be prouder. The patience she has shown me sitting on stand is better than most adults. Making memories that will last a lifetime.

post-139646-0-57391800-1413163903_thumb.jpgpost-139646-0-21591400-1413163880_thumb.jpg

Awesome. Love to see young ones in the woods especially the ladies. I have two daughters ( 9-11) and they are now showing interest and it really has me excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Can't wait to share some moments like this when I have some kids. Being a middle school teacher and seeing a lot these kids just starting hunting and coming in to share their stories from over the weekend is awesome.  

Seeing this and hearing stories from my students, I know there are a few parents out there raising their kids right.  

When is too young to buy them their first gun, I'm guessing in the womb is still a little young...

Edited by Chas0218

That's awesome! Congrats to you both. My oldest (12) started Bow hunting this year and being in a stand with him has been surreal to say the least! Can't wait for him to get his first. Thanks for posting!  Tank

Sounds like a "Dream Season"  Brings back fond memories of time afield with my son and anticipation of this season with my daughter.  Congrats to both of you!

Shawn