Bowtech Diamond Stud

PeltHunter

Does anyone have a Diamond Stud or similar Diamond that is as disappointed in it as I am? I bought mine in 2010 brand new, copper john II sight the Apex rest all the "best of the best stuff" and have had it tuned twice since my original fitting for it. First big bow purchase for me did a lot of research and it was supposed to be a great bow for the year. I came off a 2003 Martin Tracer I bought for $150 from my dad, whisker biscuit and one of the old Cobra 3 pins which was a great sight then. I still can't get over how loud the Diamond is and how much it vibrates, both significantly worse than my old Martin, I also can't get the same consistency out of it that I could the Tracer. Does anyone else have a similar review to this bow or other Diamonds or could it just be that I'm not as comfortable with it as I thought I was when I bought it. Either way I think I'm going to trade it in and go back to a Martin Alien Nitro after this season.

Couple things, have you increased poundage, decreased arrow weight, lowered beaver height?

If you did any of those it will be louder than your other bow. Shorter Brace height will decrease bow forgiveness.

It sounds like you haven't shot the bow enough to be confident with it.

Sent from my thinking chair...

I just looked and you lost almost 1/2" of brace height that will decrease the bows amount of forgiveness.

You're going to get vibration because the bow isn't trying to jump out of your hand.

Chas is right on brace height. If you do buy a different bow id be sure to test every major manufacturer's bows at pro shops before buying. I always said id never leave hoyt and after shooting several others i was surprised how different they feel. I ended up with PSE, but its all about what feels and shoots best for you. Keep an open mind and you'll end up happy. As for your bow id be taking it to someone who knows Diamond and explain your concerns.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just curious what size peep? I had a 1/4" installed and I couldn't group arrows to save my life changed to a 3/16" and my accuracy went way up.

As for your first point I have shot it at 67lbs and the same setup arrow and broad head/ practice tip wise since I changed to the Rages the first season I owned it. I've really shot the bow a lot to try to get as comfortable as possible with it just thinking maybe all it was was my comfortability level with the bow. As for peep size I was honestly sitting in my tree stand sunday afternoon thinking about going to a bigger peep. I shoot the 1/4 now but was thinking it might be smart to go up on whatever bow I decide to get next.

Chas is right on brace height. If you do buy a different bow id be sure to test every major manufacturer's bows at pro shops before buying. I always said id never leave hoyt and after shooting several others i was surprised how different they feel. I ended up with PSE, but its all about what feels and shoots best for you. Keep an open mind and you'll end up happy. As for your bow id be taking it to someone who knows Diamond and explain your concerns.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've shot the new straight Bowtech that my dad got (he's same draw length and everything as me) and it seems much better and the guy at the bow shop I use let me go with him to try out the new Martins when they first released them and I really, really liked the Alien Nitro. I would like to try out the newer Hoyts and Matthews as well but nobody around me really sells PSE's for some reason. I've talked to the guy I know at the bow shop I use and he really couldn't think of anything but had me bring it back in to tune it again and it didn't make any difference.

Edited by PeltHunter

If you go up in peep size your accuracy will get worse.  The idea is to have a peep that just barely shows your sight housing.  I think you mentioned you shoot a copper john (it might have been someone else) so you would want something like a 3/16" peep.  You won't get as much light transition thru the peep but I have shot in low light and haven't noticed a difference between the 2. Just this season I changed to a 3/16" peep my 50 and 60 yard groups were cut in half.  I can actually touch 3 arrow groups.  I own a 2007 bowtech tribute 50# with a CBE Snyper Pro sight with the .010" pins.  I love the sight and the smaller pins are great at further distances.

Yea I hate the copper John too lol something about 5 pins real close that doesn't work too well at 40 yards like it does at the 15 yard range at the bow shop. And the peep is much bigger than the site when looking through it so that makes sense.

What are your pins sighted in at I would hope they are in 10 yard increments?  Mine are 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 I have found that if I have something in the 45 range I put the 40 pin on the top of the back and let her fly.  If you have them set up at 5 yards just remove 2 pins and change to every 10 that will expand the distances between the pins.

A friend of mine bought one of those trophy sights that you setup up the 20 and 30 yard pins and it does the rest.  Personally I don't see how that will work being every bow is different and the distances between my pins are different. My 30-40 pin distance is the same as my 40-50 pin but my 50-60 pin is almost double the other distances.

Mines the same I'll put the 20 yard pin just above the deers back at 40 yards and check the 40 yard pin to make sure its on before I shoot because if I focus on that pin the whole time I'll have a headache with all that clutter. Thinking about going back to a 3 pin or even trying one of those pendulum sites on my new bow.

Vibration and notice usually equal to light a narrow. Figuring nothing is loose on the bow. I have high country max that was berry noisy. I changed back from carbon arrows to alluminum and went to a 125 grain broad head. Made all the difference in the world both with consistency and noise.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I wouldn't give up on your new bow yet.  I had a similar issue when I purchased my new Hoyt a few years ago.   I would look at your arrows first.   The new bows shoot so much faster you need may different splined arrows then you have ever shot before.   Have you experimented with different stabilzers?  You can't just throw any stablizer on it, go to a shop and try all the stabilzers they have.  You'll be surprised how different each one can make your bow sound and shoot.  It took me two years of frustration to get my new bow set up as perfect as my old one was.