Personal Catch of Lifetime - Mission Accomplishment! 50 incher Muskie!

Title said it all. No word need to describe it. My friend and I went PA for camping. We found out that we are camping at muskie lake. So, we figure it to give a shot. I brought two savage sand eels. After re-tied on my friend's line with savage. On his first cast, boom! stuck on rocks. He gave me rod, i'm expert on unhook from rocks. so, i'm trying to go different position to unhook the rocks and somehow, i felt that i was able to pull something with me toward surface. I handed him and told him to reel everything in. I'll unhook if something was on hook. He agreed and reeling it in. Oops, log was surface! Oh CRAP! Its fricking huge muskie! Madness was breaking loose! splashing everywhere and jumping like 4 or 5 times! whole body out of water like you seen Jaws does. Unbelievable! Then we realized that we forget the net at truck. So, I told him, i'll grab it! no matter what happen next. I'll go hospital if i got bad injury. Boom! got him on kayak! Processed mouth-roped it and tow toward beach. Quickly C.P.R. then released it. I got mad because i havent got cast yet! on my first cast, Boom! Got muskie!!!!!! NO WAY!!! two first casts and two muskies! processed same C.P.R again. we gave up after that.

On next day, our mind was set to catch muskie again. we went out again, but no, nothing happen for half hour of casting. we decided to trolling our lures behind kayak. boom! we got them again! double! Holy crap! I processed to land it myself and C.P.R. then released it back. Paddle back into my friend kayak to help land that muskie. Oh man! unbelievable trip for sure!

Total 4 muskies
-50 x 25 inches - 40lbs
-50 x 24 inches - 39lbs
-50 x 24 inches - 39lbs
-48 x 22 inches - 34lbs

umm. not sure how to upload the pictures now since site changed. So,i'll wait until someone tells me.

Edited by Deaf Fisherman

Great going! :yes:  A lot of guys have fished for years without catching one of those big boys. You may have people following you around if you tell them you're going camping again :lol:

Haha. Nope, I'm not smoking.. It has happen and its happened. Good thing i have pictures orwise it will be another fishtale for everyone to hear. or something like big fish got away story! haha

Thanks everyone! It was my first time to actually target them.. First cast, got 50 incher.. I guess I got pure lucky.. Then next day, got another 50 incher.. Even better, it was my first time ever to fish in PA. I guess I have to go PA more often..

I dont know you guys, maybe conditions was affected the role of I'm landing it?

condition:

-cloudy

-super cold temp

-bad rainstorm at previous night and following the night.

-caught it at 1-2pm on first day

-caught double muskie at 920am on next day. (degree was very lower than yesterday and sunny day)

Wow! That's almost unbelievable....and out of kayaks too. It probably would be unbelievable for me if you didn't have the great pics.  Congrats!  On eels too.  I might have to get some of those things after seeing the Old Man and you guys getting fish on them.  Did you use them prior to seeing the Old Man's posts about them?

All of the fish look very similar (color/pattern/size/mouths)...are you sure those are all different fish or did you re-catch the same fish?  I think it's safe to say you hit some kind of once in a lifetime, freak, muskie feeding activity on this lake. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone catching 3 50's and a 48 from PA waters on consecutive days....that's unreal. On LSC, no problem, but in PA???

I live in PA and have fished for muskies, pretty religiously, since 1998.  I have become very frustrated with PA's muskie program and fishing over the years and fish out of state 90% of the time. I just don't think PA manages the fish properly for good muskie fishing.  Most PA lakes are pretty low density muskie waters.  That may, however, help explain how you got several big ones and nothing small. I have been a Muskies Inc member since I started, have held board positions, etc.  Our chapter and other PA chapters of Muskies Inc have donated alot of time and money to help the hatcheries with minnows and feeders, habitat improvement, and float stocking, etc.  So, it's good to see a story like this.  It would be very nice to know where this was so the state knew what water body has this kind of potential, but I wouldn't expect you to say online.  What part of the state...east or west half?

Ivan - No, i didnt see oldman story on eels. I might do that after this or you can refer me to it?

Also, the lake itself is western PA. I found the answer based on PA stocking muskies. I am already saying too much.

Few of pictures are on same fish. Just like how pictures shot that angle. Right now, two fish are different between my friend and I am holding. His head is on my friend's hand is his fish. While my fish is my muskie. Its definitely different muskie because my friend's muskie has damaged fin on his second left fin. while my muskie doesnt have damage fins. Next day, I'm not bothered to look if it was same muskie or not. I'm just mindblown that we actually got them again.

p.s. I am not meant to make everyone feel bad. It just happened and we got them. Only thing that my friend and I am regret about is forget to bring our GoPro camera to this trip. It will be definitely amazing footage for sure. Also, We didnt discovered that muskie was on this lake until baitshop told us.

Old Man has recently referenced the eels in a few posts...Waneta, Otisco, and the St Lawrence.

yeah...I wouldn't worry about making anyone feel bad.  We all like to see pics of nice fish and hear good stories.  Congrats again.  Since you are new to muskie fishing, just be aware you may never have another couple days like that (especially in PA)...it's that special...probably once in a lifetime

Yeah, I already knew it is very hard fish to catch.. They are called 10,000 cast for one.. So, I'll cherish this memory for lifetime. But man, its surely addicted feeling! Don't convince me into muskie fishing orwise i'll spent tons for them to just fish for them.

Another thing, just wanted to say big thanks to everyone who are muskie fishing and I am certainly learned few tips from you guys. even you guys didn't realize that you did contribute my factor into targeting them. Even through I never went for muskies until recently. You deserved the credits for that too.

Deaf Fisherman.....Yet another AWESOME!! musky fishing encounter. To go along with that of UPSTATE (refer to LOU thread

St Lawrence River Musky

Started by nasc620, Sep 19, 2014 ). Therein comes the phrase "beginner's luck"....Well done guys. Big baits, big fish. Not necessarily big water. Glad you got some pictures for proof. I'm definitely getting the itch to try and target these fish. Probably end up losing one while fishing for something smaller though.... :P . Great story!    :nod:     :yes:

Congratulatons on your succes.

As for tigers, did you ever try Demond pond just off rout 68 in Rutland?My brother in law lives nearby and rumor has it....

Edited by rolmops