Cuomo to sign SAFE ACT 2 if re-elected. We Better get out and VOTE!

DJ 17

This is a cut and past from my buddies email response from Senator Tom Libous ( 52nd Senate District representing Broome, Tioga, Chenango and Delaware Counties)   when he inquired about the link that I sent him from the OP, DJ 717 (post #1)

Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 11:33 AM
To:  **   **  **
Subject: SAFE Act Part 2

This is pure speculation, Jim. 

The Downstate-controlled Assembly pushes gun control bills like this every year, but there’ve been no discussions about passing a SAFE Act Part 2 in the Senate.

I voted against the original SAFE Act and you can count on my vocal opposition to any further restrictions.

Take care,

Tom

Lineman you should rethink that map. Lol you put a lot of pro gun folk in there me included.

I say anything south of White Plains

Agreed 100%. Everything east of rt.81 & south of rt.90 should be it's own state. Also saw on another site that King Andy might be pulling out of the race, but just a rumor & hear say! Would be great if it is true!!

That includes illion NY where remington used to reside. 

Stinger,

That is a little reassuring at least but  even if this is pure conjecture; and it gets more people out to vote against Cuomo I believe the better off we all are.  Albany is a very corrupt place and he is the head of the snake at the moment. 

I too sent my representatives ( Finch and Nozzolio, who voted against the safe act) letters last year after the safe act passage and included that I would be in favor of exploring options of separation between upstate and NYC/Long Island.

In my own opinion it might be a win-win for both sides.  They can pass as many government control bills they want about gun control, education funding, etc.. or anything else and we can be left to our own elected officials that are not influenced by down state money and/or voting power.  New York is definitely 2 vastly different demographics that do not coexist very well together as far as upstate is concerned.  UP state seems to always lose. Despite what their attack ads say.

As far as a line, maybe Westchester county and south would work for me.  I lived in Northern Dutchess county for 9 years and most of it is very much like here.

You guys are spot on about the gun debate. What upsets me the most is the way the safe act was passed. It came out of no where in the late night hours so there was no opposition. Quomo is a scumb bag. Is Astriano any better? It is worth the gamble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thinks is going to be a good race. Spoke to pal of mine from Long Island. He said Quomo has got a lot of people pissed off down there with the common core, and something to with the last scanndle he got caught up in!!!!!

I bought a Glock 36 after the law was passed (shoved down our throats). Seems like the ultimate oxymoron to carry a 45 with a six round clip. Miss my 92fs with 15 black talons in the bank. Definitely not a safe act for me and my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The location of the debate likely was appealing to Cuomo, who appears eager to win western New York after losing the area in 2010. He has since targeted the area with economic development initiatives.

Cuomo is widely believed to have national aspirations and needs to show he can win handily outside of New York City, according to University at Buffalo Political Science Professor Harvey Palmer.

"There's a reason why it's in Buffalo," Palmer said. "I think he is fixated on winning upstate New York this time."

Well Mr. Palmer upstate and western NY has had a large portion of us swept under the rug again....good luck!

Idiotic question by moderator on gun control, same fun loving, and abortion issues...labeling those topics as extremist and whether those ideally were welcome in New York. ..Cuomo gets an easy out by saying "That's not what I meant"

Pass....

Way to snub upstate again Andy!

Cent frum my notso smart fone

I say anything south of White Plains

That includes illion NY where remington used to reside.

Sorry about that! lol You guys figure out the line & I'll vote for it! But it needs to include Albany & NYC. The experts claim 65% of the whole vote in the state comes out of NYC. Sorry to say but my latest NRA mag. says even if all the NRA members vote on election day it will not be enough for us to win!

I watched the debate & there was no or very little mention of the safe act. So much for good debating, I think all the questions & answers were previewed before as they all seemed to have notes to look at.

Andy's daddy, back in 1990 was pushing forward to put the ki-bosh on auto-loaders...........still have the Utica OD newspaper article taped to one of the toolboxes out in the machine shop area here.....

I heard on the radio a few days ago that if every individual in NYS that owns a hunting license this year would vote against Cuomo, we would outnumber those who are expected to vote for him 3:1.  Don't quote me on this because it was on my way to work and i may not have been completely awake at that time :lol: .  The problem is actually getting everybody out there to vote.  Many people want him out, but will sit in their living room and watch it on TV hoping enough people voted to get him out.

Is Astriano any better? It is worth the gamble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like what hookedupf7 said, who knows if Astriano will be any better than Quomo, but it's worth the gamble.  I don't think he could be much worse!

That's the problem many scream injustice from the mountain tops whilst they sat on their azz and did nothing to prevent it

Well that is true and Democrats outweigh Republican in population 2 to 1. However Democrats only garnered 60 ish% over Republican 40ish vote in previous elections. NYC holds the highest population of Dems in the entire state and they don't historically comand the highest voter turnout of the party. So they are resting on their laurels more than upstate has been. They don't see any threat, so why bother themselves. They rely upon their numbers and complacency in my opinion. They say ahh who cares about gun control. ..same old...We already have that here in the city.

Maybe 10% more Dems will stay home...maybe 10 % more Republican will vote...maybe 5% Dems will swing cause they are not so happy. ..finally maybe 5% Cuomo would be votes go to another party candidate.

Bottom line 30% less for Cuomo and he loses... It all depends on whose values got stepped on worse. Upstate or NYC. I think we know the 12 to 16 year pendulum is at the apex. Astorino is probably not the best fielding for Republican but certainly he isn't what we have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile appCent frum my notso smart fone

Edited by skipper19

Crooks don't buy their guns from legislate gun dealers. My son seems to think the state will prevent me from passing family owned guns down to my decendants. Good luck. I don't belong to the nra as I don't need an organization to protect my gun rights. I'll do that myself. Charleston Heston was right about prying them from my cold dead hands.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That is a crazy reason for not being a member of the NRA. Strength in numbers that is what it is all about. Your vote doesn't mean **** but together we will be heard!

I know that it seems your vote doesn't count but in the end it does. You aren't going to get the NRA to defend your rights here in NY. They have decided that NY is a lost cause and took a wait and see attitude. If you really want to impress that organization you will have to do it on your own with all the other citizens of NEW YORK STATE!...VOTE to take the head off the snake and show the nation that NY is not going to lay down. The NRA has no interest in helping on a state level. If they did they would have sent more than the paltry 1000 dollars to Astorino's campaign. I sent my dues to NRA directly to Astorino because of that. The NRA will only step in on a federal level if YOU, ME, AND ALL who "get it" DO NOTsit by and let king Andy win and move to the white house. The NRA has an arm in NY and it is the NYSRPA. Those folks have had their day in court and found the rest of the snake.

Cut the head off and vote for your rights and you will then get national attention with the NRA, but you and me and all have to do the grass roots effort.

Mark

Edited by skipper19

NRA pitches in another 5 grand!..wow..that's better than nothing! How many members dues is that? 150? Thought there were more members in NY than that! Maybe they are slightly hopeful :huh:

Good for them though!

Crooks don't buy their guns from legislate gun dealers. My son seems to think the state will prevent me from passing family owned guns down to my decendants. Good luck. I don't belong to the nra as I don't need an organization to protect my gun rights. I'll do that myself. Charleston Heston was right about prying them from my cold dead hands.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Lol watch out for this guy

The ad is running in NYC only where they already have archaic gun control. Like any of them are going to care in their world. Like I said, maybe 10% of them will stay home due to same old same old...Hope they do while 10% more upstate get off their couch and swing the vote in favor of upstate for once. Maybe some Dems who own those banned firearms would like to have their liberties back by 5%..and Howie might take another 5%..make Cuomo loose 30% and he's gone..