Lost my son, friend, and fishing buddie

Wes, very sorry for your and your family's loss. Ben was a great guy and I really enjoyed his company. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family. His passion for fishing was very in depth. I saw that each time we fished and even talked fishing. His passion, I'm sure, will live on through you.

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a dear friend with CF that has come to terms he won't out live his parents.  Quite a humbling feeling, everyday I thank god for the life he has given me.  Very sorry for your loss, if you don't mind how old was he when he passed?

There is no greater pain than losing a child.We lost our son also 9 years ago.

A friend told me afterwards that they are still with us though resting.Waiting for us to follow and be with them.

That has helped a lot over the years.

My sincere condolences.

Extremely sorry for your loss ... Got a few chances to meet Ben and he was just a straight up class act and great outdoors man.. My condolences to you and your family... Lost my dad earlier this year and he was my best friend and fishing partner also and it was tough getting back out on the water without him but he would have wanted nothing less... Im sure Ben is up there right now hooked up with a monster looking over us...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wes, there is the Basseye tournament every year out of Buffalo which goes to benefit Cystic Fibrosis.  It might give you some comfort to take part in that venue.  I have been thinking about putting my boat in event.

I'm so sorry to hear that Wes, I can't imagine loosing a child that young and vibrant, I know how I felt when dad passed away from cancer, he also was my best friend, my fishing, hunting buddy plus the best father anyone could ask for. We will keep him in our prayers as I just lost my brother 4 weeks ago also. Please feel free to pm me your # if you need someone to talk to. My condolences go out to you and your family! PAP.

First of all it rips my heart apart that a  such young man of this caliper has been taken away for us.

Ben had a passion for fishing that i was lucky enough to see and feel first hand. Ben his dad Wes and I have shared many trips together on Cayuga and Ontario. Ben's passion would show when anyone talked to him or when someone needed help ,advise, information, lures , depth, location or whatever was needed including a ride on the his boat to help a fellow fisherman newbie or veteran . That was BEN . 

I'd like to share a couple memories that are close to me. It would always bring a smile to my face when he would say "Oh Father " to Wes. The three of us were on lake O and after a long day with fish in the box  and the sun going down  I asked the guys if they wanted to call it quits and head back to port or stay out a little longer and that it didn't matter to me it was up to them. At that point Wes's head jerk around toward me and said Ralph  don't give him that option we'll be here all night. Ben would work all kinds of hrs. and different shifts at work with CF  and then go fishing whenever he had the chance . That was BEN.

Anyone that knew or just met him would realize real quick that he was someone that was respected, well liked, helpful , a true sportsman, a good friend and a great son. 

Wes / Brenda  our hearts go out to you. This is a  concern i have for the big guy when and if i make it to the pearly gates. No parent should have to say goodbye to their sons or daughters .

Anything i can do to help established an event or Memorial in BEN's name be it : time, use of boat, equipment, money or whatever please let us know.  

Ben taught me how to troll.

As a woman fishing alone..

I did not know how to catch Lakers.

He offered to come out on my boat and show me.

How nice is That??!!

After catching a few..

We were both reclining in my two seats facing the back...

Watching the rods.. near sunset..

We both said...it dont get better than this...

cept maybe if I had a rear view mirror to see where we were going..!

(At 1.5 knots. .no others near)

I fished with him more than once and he even invited me onto hus dads boat...

Great family... took me under your wing...

I am shocked... sitting here at work... with tears streaming down my face...

God bless you "Dad and Mom"...

And family..

(((((HUGS N PRAYERS))))))

I would like to share another story. Ben and I would make many of our flies and lures and he would always get ticked off at me because I would put to many colors in the flies. He would say "Father , How the heck are we suppose to know what color they are hitting on if you make them with 4 colors!" So just to tick him off I made a custom spin doctor. This thing had all the things that would tick him off. To many colors, big eyes, Fancy fins, and A smile that landed it the name "smiling Wes" The first and last day we fished the lure was a day to remember. We had taken a newbie out to show him the ropes. When I pulled the spinny out Ben said that thing looks like something a preschool kid made! We caught fish on it all day and I asked Ben what do you think know! He said you can fish with it just keep the damn thing out of sight when we get back to the launch. The highlight of the day was running 6 rods 5 fired at once and we landed all 5 and they were all over 6lbs.Sadly later that day we broke off the smiling Wes. Ben said "thank God!"

post-139482-0-34066200-1414101328_thumb.jpg

For anyone who wants to pay respects His wishes were to once again become part of nature. We will be having a celebration of his life November 8 at noon at our camp. We will be scattering his ashes under a tree that we will be planting. you can pm me for directions. For others that would like to honor Ben you could take a Kid or newbie out fishing or just outdoors! That was one thing that he truly loved to do. Wes