Wader question

Ok I have had three pairs of waders in the last thee years. I have tried rubber waders, neoprene, and one other material of waders. All three have ripped and so has my buddies. Is there a good wader brand that is relatively tough and warm? I fish mostly almost everyday so I need a good tough brand that will last. Any recommendations would be helpful. Also, keep in mind I don't want to spend 900$ on a pair of waders lol!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I would suggest any wader from L.L. bean or Cabelas brand, both have no questions asked return policies. I understand this really does not answer your question but if you do have an issue you can get them replaced.

Just a thought but you need to keep waders and rubber products away from natural gas sources (e.g. cellar furnace etc.) and extreme heat sources when storing or rubber products will break down.

I've got a pair of Cabelas breathables that have been pretty rugged in the beaver swamps, non-insulated and bootfoot though. They were around $240. There is plenty of room in them to layer for the cold too. They aren't meant to be fishing waders though, more for waterfowl.

I have had great luck with the Cabelas breathables as well.  Use them for duck hunting in beaver ponds and have had no problems in the 3 years I have used them.  Have a pair of boot foot neoprenes from Bass Pro.  They are heavy as hell but have kept me dry as a bone for 4 years of steelhead fishing.  

I would agree with Cabelas. I've had a pair of boot foot neoprenes for 10 years that I hunt and fish with, knock on wood no problems and as was said if there are problems they take them back no questions

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would suggest any wader from L.L. bean or Cabelas brand, both have no questions asked return policies. I understand this really does not answer your question but if you do have an issue you can get them replaced.

LL Bean returns , refunds or replaces,,,, no question, best customer service i have ever dealt with , except fishhawk of course

• 1 month later...

I've only ever worn Cabelas and Lacrosse waders, I bought the lacrosse (brush tuff) to replace my cabelas personal pair last year and love them. I worked as a steelhead/salmon hatchery all this past season and wore cabelas neostretch waders 5hrs a day, 3-4 days a week and never had an issue as long as I didn't catch them on a bolt. 

The lacrosse are sweet and I love mine, but I think Cabelas has really high quality stuff and decent prices