What am I? (2)

LongLine

Eggs & insects are nice but I’d rather bag a shiner in the mud.…hmm..yummy!  Not on the gridiron, but you may still have to go long, as the Black Forrest made me wary.

What am I?

:) 

Tom B.

(LongLine)

No, not a bear.  Very few bear have been seen in Lake Ontario. 

Perch?  At least that one swims in the lake.  But no, not a perch.

Wide receiver?  Maybe in a fantasy league, but not on a fishing site. (no not a wide receiver)

HINT: The Black Forest is in Europe, particularly, in Germany.

Sounds strange I know about the bear for an answer, but they are indeed in the lake, and yes the Black Forest is in Germany in which the Bear use to be a common animal residing there, with the diet of eggs, insects and of yes, fish. No need to explain the Chicago Bears Gridiron. All in good fun.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/srwphotography/6407548321/

http://www.ontariossunsetcountry.ca/acloserlook.cfm/id/12302

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Egg/Insect eater, Cuckoo clocks are commonly made of wood from the black forest, Cuckoo is not a football team but they are fairly rare so you'd have to go long to find them.  They usually have long tails too.  Not sure about the shiner in the mud though....  

Yes, I’m known to eat eggs and insects in the streams but I really prefer minnows like the very abundant shiner in Lake Ontario, which I’ll eat till I’m stuffed.  I’m usually found in the warm water run-off around river mouths, also known as the “mud.† Some refer to me as “football†shaped, but I don't live on the gridiron.  My ancestors were first introduced to the US from the lakes in the Black Forest, Germany.  Your chances of catching me are better with a long lead on your lure.  I'm wary and can easily spot a fake so your lure better be tuned.

BTW, there are plastic bags, shopping bags, cloth bags, “old bags†and BROWN bags.

I’m a Brown Trout.

A bear? A freeking bear!??  (heh, heh, heh)  I agree the Chicago bears used to play football, but I'm not sure what they play now.  (heh, heh, heh)

Edited by LongLine