senaca 11/5/14

Dick

Got to Clute at 10 am. found one trailer there, and a pile of weeds. Wind was ssw and picking up. went to the rocks, and went north to hector falls.

water temp was 51degrees surface. fish were stacked in small groups from top to 80 ft over 130 ft. wind and waves, but 1 small landlock.

Went across to salt plant and went south. found bait fish and stacks of fish half way back, kept hitting weeds that fouled my spoons and 1 more small landlock.

wind got bad so at 1:30 went in. Wife wanted to go to tioga downs for my 63 birthday, but I did somthing bettor! Beautiful day, but cold. good birthday!

Happy Birthday Dick...and many happy returns. I think you made the right choice today too.....the same one I would have made :lol:  have to take advantage of things before the weather turns sour (soon)

A good way to spend that special DAY. 62, AND JUST A PUPPY ! I went out to Woodville on Tuesday for the last jig fest and used my new 4 foot drift sock for the first time. I had a 3 foota and it did not hold well enough. But the 4 foota...oh, boy what a hold it gives. In fact I did not use the electric at all in the 5 hours I was out, and the breeze was over ten for sure. So, to all those contemplating a sock to help with the jigging....my boat is  17' Sea Nymph with a lot of gear and a 40hp, with the sock tied off midships. If I tied at the bow, I would have drifted less without the wind broadside. A pleasant day with 2 - 25" and one 28" LT. Miss the comaderie when solo, but ya do whatcha gutta do ! Now maybe a little fly fishing for salmon.