Lost "Mission" bow-Stueben county----RETURNED!

Yes, its a longshot, but posting this for one of the greatest humans I know. I just learned that one of the gentlemen that introduced me to Whitetail hunting, left his bow on the side of Potter rd in Jasper NY and drove away to meet up with his brother down the road. When he realized an hour later what happened they returned and it was gone. If anyone hears of a Mission bow set up by Phil Race from the old "Indian Mountain archery" that just "falls into their life", please contact me or "Steelhead'r" through PM.  As bowhunters understand, its not just the monetary value but the sentiments of what a great bow it was for him.  Thank you.  RETURNED!!!  Thanks for looking. 

Edited by Capt Vince Pierleoni

Sure hope he gets that bow back...i once got side tracked, left my bow in its case on the back corner of the box on my pickup, drove a ways down the road and lucky for me I heard it hit the road and slide. Case was scuffed up but bow was ok. Hard to believe how these things happen but I know they do, and he must feel sick about how it happened. Hope it comes back to his hands.

Mark

Cent frum my notso smart fone

I hope so too.  However......... when I was hunting last week, I just got back to my truck and two guys pull up.

They ask me if I had seen a ground blind that was missing from some private property nearby.   I had to

suppress a laugh. Even though they left it on private property, lots of people( not anyone I know mind you) would figure 

they just found a nice ground blind. 

That's awesome, I would think that 2 people are going to sleep well tonight. Just proves there are some honest folks out there, a perfect ending to a sad beginning.

Actually Jerry, it was Freds bro Dougs bow. Both of them meet the description anyways, fine men and sportsmen.

From what I understand, a fellow bowhunter from Canisteo picked up the bow and backpack and was fortunate enough to find a name. With the assistance of the DEC was able to track ownership through Dougs purchase of his hunting license. Kudos to all who assisted, because I can tell you Doug would have done the same for another hunter.