Need recommendation on new leadcore rods

vetting

I've been fishing lake michigan for 3 years now and slowly added gear over time.  As a result, I have a hodgepodge of various rods for leadcore.  A combination of whuppin' sticks, ugly sticks, and cabelas rods.  All of them of course are various lengths and stiffness. This becomes and issue when you are running 3 boards a side on a triple tree since they end up overlapping.  So over the winter I would like to get 8 - 10 replacement rods so that they are all the same.  I run everything from 2 colors up to 10 colors with Church walleye boards.  Does anyone have any recommendations that wont break the bank?

I run mine on various 8 ft. downrigger rods...the flexible tip gives things some action and yet the base has enough backbone when fighting them.

Yes, bought 2 this year, one at a time, work better than downrigger rods I used previously. Landed a few mid teen salmon on them, I'm sure there is a better rod but I'm happy for the money spent on them.

Bob

I wish the GLT rods came in something shorter than 8-6 for the copper/leadcore.  Would like something shorter since it makes storage in the cuddy easier.  Might just have to go with the standard Classics that come in 7 footers. 

I wish the GLT rods came in something shorter than 8-6 for the copper/leadcore.  Would like something shorter since it makes storage in the cuddy easier.  Might just have to go with the standard Classics that come in 7 footers. 

Agreed, I prefer shorter sticks myself. I have used the 7' Classics for some short coppers and they have done well so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Okuma Classic 7' leadcore rods.

Good action, durable, big eyes & you cant beat the price

I'll 2nd that suggestion. Excellent rod for the money. I also agree with Legacy on the Pro GLT rods for copper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...