Fri Sat Hughes report BIG FISH REPORT

Fished in a little derby out of Sodus. For the temps and water color we had West of Sodus we should have killed em. But we didnt ,a frustrating weekend.3 fish Fri 5 fish Sat If you caught a fish an a certain spoon or color you should have just thrown it away . Nothing worked more than once. In 2 days we spent 22hrs on the water.

FRi we found a pocket of stained water 54 degrees. So stained you could not see the downrigger cables 1 ft down It was surrounded by 47 degree water. It should have been loaded with fish BUT it was fishless.

Big fish of derby fri was a 14lb king

BIG FISH SAT .....DRUM ROLL PLEASE....

A 28 LB laker not a misprint I seen the fish a real trophy.

When he opened up the cooler I thought it was a king.

He is going to have it mounted. Wildman and Colsie caught it on

the Cosighner boat. Yea that boat is out of Hughes but they werent fishing out of Hughes they headed West .

Biggest laker Ive ever seen.

Any pictures of that pig Stix? Awesome way to start the season! MODIS made it look like the best water was a few miles West of you guys. The Genny and the Niagara had nice plumes that stretched for miles. Everywhere else looked like we had in FH...clear in places, not so clear in others, but nothing great either.

Fished Saturday out of the Genny, met Long lines at the dock. It 's nice to meet people that post here, kinda puts the name with a face. Well anyway we headed west out of port and the temps and color were great. We trolled to just west of Round pond and back, not a release to be had. Then we went to the east side of the river where temps were in the mid 50's with fairly dirty water. Nothing doing. First time in 8yrs I've been skunked this time of year. It was a beautiful day out there though. How did you do Tom, I thought you headed west as well. We worked 6-20ft depths. By the way with water levels up you couldn't see those rocks west of russell. You know, the ones that look like they were part of a pier at one time. I found them with my skegg and my prop. I was in 8'-9' of water. Caeful out there.

Joe, We did. We went on further working a little deeper. Hope you didn't damage anything. Report is further down the list. In short we did the same as you. Got to just find the secret for this weather, there was some pockets of awful cold water just below the surface in some areas there.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I know" No Promises" from this board has a picture . I dont know if

you can get a cell phone picture downloaded to the computer. In the move I lost my camera to computer cable . So im outa business for awhile. I also lost my camera charging cable. Still have boxes everywhere.

I should have a camera picture of that 27 pound laker later today. The phone picture is not that good.

fish stix what happend to your eight pound brown :$

My Bow was over eight pounds.

I would also like to hear the story about a captain that talked you throw a king this weekend. :lol: