Ever have one of "those" mornings........

bout time

Woke up and got dressed and loaded the truck. When I arrived at the the farm I hunt, I went into my pre-hunt ritual gearing up and spraying scent killer. The wind was just right and I ended up getting a face full of scent killer and covered my glasses. I opened the back door of my truck to get a tissue to wipe of my glasses and the alarm goes off. it took my about 20 seconds to get the keys out of my pocket and get it turned off. I finally get things under control and head to my stand. i get all settled in and take a look at my watch to see what time it is and realize I put my watch on upside down. i take off my gloves and reverse my watch and think "jesus what a morning". I hit the estrus can a few times and at 7:05 i see a deer come walking towrds me along the hedge row at 65 yards. I think to myself "after all the issues this morning and things will work out". It turns out to be a nice size doe. i decide im going to fill my tag and get one for the freezer. I stand up grab my bow and get positioned for the shot. She continues to walk SLOWLY my direction behind the trees and finally makes a 90 and is headed my way. I draw back as she is at 15 yards behind some trees about to walk into the open field, When the second Doe 40 yards behind her (i never saw) catches my movement and blows. Game over. I sat there for another 2 hours watching squirrels.  

One more thing...... after I got home and changed and was heading out I spilled my coffe in the truck. Going to stay home tonight and not push my luck.  

Don't feel bad the other morning when I went into the woods the poof ball hat that I wear on top of my baseball cap gets caught on a branch goes flying then while trying to find my hat in the dark the sun glasses that I had underneath the poof ball hat that are now resting on my baseball cap get caught on another tree branch and go fly in the dark.  So after eventually finding everything I go to the tree I want to climb and while putting my climber tree stand on the tree I pinch my index finger really bad on the tree stand. then after all that you would think karma would give me a deer but it didn't.  Needless to say the old saying of "anything that can go wrong will go wrong" is always correct.

Haha, I've had those days too. Thankfully not many.

But then I get a message that one of my friend's husband, who is only 41, passed away suddenly. And that is a bomb, heart dropping thing to hear.

Then all this "bad" stuff that happens to us become irrelevant, and you're just glad to be alive, and the kids and wife are all safe.

Take care, and enjoy it while you can!

How about when your creeping into your stand in the dark and you make almost all the way to it and CRACK you step on a branch a 1/2" thick and echoes through out the woods! That's what really grinds my gears!! LOL......

I had one like that first I slipped on the creek bank and broke one of the lens tubes off my Nikon binocs. Had a nice 8 point come in and my bearing swivel on my release had dirt in it and wouldn't turn. I was hunting on the ground and turned to get on him and elbowed the tree behind me which some how resulted in me hitting my trigger and sending the arrow about 20 feet in front of him. It's kind of embarrassing to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Had one of those nights last Saturday.

- I busted a couple deer walking into my stand, then sat in the stand and watched squirrels for two hours.

- I climbed down a bit early to check and see if I could catch any early grazers in the power lines 75 yards away. I'm sneaking over toward the lines and I stop and look to my right and here comes a nice buck with a big body walking the same way as me (probably walked under my stand) - he was like 15 yards away and we saw each other at the same time. After a couple second staredown he stomped his foot and took off.

- I get back to the house and discover that there is a huge hole on the inside of my cargo pants pocket and my phone has fallen out somewhere between the stand and the house.

- I figure it probably is close to the stand, so I head back in the pitch dark to grab it with just a small light. Not only did I not find it, but I was focusing on the ground so much that I got turned around for a couple minutes and couldn't figure out exactly where I was. I finally figured out exactly where I was and gave up and headed home for the night.

- The next morning was much better -- I found the phone just twenty yards from my stand and it still works fine!