Heading up to the St Lawrence

Been up there twice in the last 10 days. Once around carlton island,featherbed shoal. Trolling/jigging,pike yes,musky no. Next trip around clayton,shut out. Gonna hit chatauqua monday or tuesday and put the boat away and drink for 6 months. I'm too old and it's too cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Hi FishinNY - was out there this week for my last trip of the year in my own boat (bitter sweet putting her away each year) and had a good trip.  Boated three and saw a couple more.  Didn't measure any of them but smallest was maybe 30" that I snagged in the back - just did a quick boat side release on that little guy.  The other two were decent fish with the one having a nice girth.  This was the last trip with my boat for the year so I will be a stow away from here on out.  Sorry the pics aren't the best but I still haven't mastered the art of picture taking when I'm fishing alone out there.

post-139486-0-93577000-1415499071_thumb.jpg

post-139486-0-97556800-1415499072_thumb.jpg

post-139486-0-78010700-1415499073_thumb.jpg

Your in good hands with Water Wolf - I'll be fishing with Capt. Bob & Darrel in two weeks myself.  Should be a lot of fun - hope they have the underwater camera setup working!

Also had to say goodbye to my pike buddy who kept watch over my boat all year.  Didn't want those perch getting to comfortable.  He spent the whole year around my boat and is noticeably fatter now than he was in the spring.  Funny how he would sit there with his back half out of the water sometimes. 

post-139486-0-51524300-1415499252_thumb.jpg

Good luck out there!

Chad

Hi FishinNY - was out there this week for my last trip of the year in my own boat (bitter sweet putting her away each year) and had a good trip.  Boated three and saw a couple more.  Didn't measure any of them but smallest was maybe 30" that I snagged in the back - just did a quick boat side release on that little guy.  The other two were decent fish with the one having a nice girth.  This was the last trip with my boat for the year so I will be a stow away from here on out.  Sorry the pics aren't the best but I still haven't mastered the art of picture taking when I'm fishing alone out there.

attachicon.gifIMG_2409.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2410.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2411.JPG

Your in good hands with Water Wolf - I'll be fishing with Capt. Bob & Darrel in two weeks myself.  Should be a lot of fun - hope they have the underwater camera setup working!

Also had to say goodbye to my pike buddy who kept watch over my boat all year.  Didn't want those perch getting to comfortable.  He spent the whole year around my boat and is noticeably fatter now than he was in the spring.  Funny how he would sit there with his back half out of the water sometimes. 

attachicon.gifIMG_2413.JPG

Good luck out there!

Chad

The Walker Strike vision camera HAS BEEN REMOVED, from the Waterwolf.  We have a new custom one in design/ development stage. That old Walker system was 1980's technology, and they never moved forward with the times. Since no other company has picked up the ball and ran with a view while you fish camera...we are having one made. I don't believe even a prototype will be ready by the time you get on board. 

The trouble with the Go Pro, and Waterwolf and other cameras like them is....you have to view the action after the fact. We have them aboard and use them...but it just isn't the same. 

Once this new company develops and fine tunes the camera aboard The Waterwolf, their next step is marketing and sales. 

All I am allowed to publicly say at this point is...you won't need to buy a whole downrigger and separate monitor for the new system. It will be plug and play and compatible for all ! Good things in the future are coming! 

That's the system we have used since late 1980's.....Walker has changed ownership a few times in all those years. At one time we were even part of their Pro Staff, still might be on their website saying we are? 

The trouble with the system is...IT BREAKS. We bought used systems from other anglers for years and years, and kept 4-5 cameras on the boat, many more IN THE SHOP, and rotated in repaired ones to keep ONE working....

It was a joke. The annual repair/replace Walker camera budget being many thousand dollars...

We are presently working with a new company (not to be named at this point) who are designing a whole new up to date technology underwater camera system.

Have some patience, it is coming. The brains behind the engineering ,builds/ uses underwater cameras for inspecting inside steam generators of nuclear plants.  :)

The first version of this new system will be field tested/used aboard The Waterwolf in the near future. 

Darrell. I guy I know, Jim Kinner, who dives and shoots video in the Niagara River was just showing a video he made this year at this month's NMA meeting. He said he was using a filter (for the first time) that worked very well to filter out the green. In the past he was not able to get the videos to look as clear as that one did. He could only do so much in the editing before he would loose brightness. It was like night and day compared to many of his previous videos. If you want, I can ask him what the filter color was. I think it was a particular shade of green.

Heading up in the morning,will be going out of French creek. Staying till Sunday,any suggestions on where to start? Just like he general area? Will post later tomorrow.

I think I ran by you this evening on my way back to Clayton? We have been fishing up river.  Kingston, Spectacles island, Milton island, down through south side of Howe.

Good picture at Cold Bath shoal today, no takers. 

I pick my general area daily, based on wind direction. 

Good luck ! Feel free to call for info or help...315 529-8279

Capt. Darryl Raate

We saw one boat heading backin. We are in a sea nymph gls grey with white top.was out just for a quick troll out front of Clayton. No Canadian license so we are heading towards Carlton tomorrow. I'll give you a call. Thanks

We saw one boat heading backin. We are in a sea nymph gls grey with white top.was out just for a quick troll out front of Clayton. No Canadian license so we are heading towards Carlton tomorrow. I'll give you a call. Thanks

Figured that had to be you, as I only saw one other boat all day, and that was up by Kingston . Give me a call today, Wind says I will be closer to Clayton, and  in /out of Country all day. 

Stick a big one up at Carelton! 

Hey raate, did you get my message on MFF?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No. I will go look. 

We got one at head of Carleton 38" try post a pic. Capt raate were you out late we came in around 5-530 one boat out past us comin in to Clayton?

That was me, I passed you in the dark. had you on radar long before visual! 

Congratz on your catch! 

We didn't connect on a musky, but got a huge 30 inch walleye up by Simcoe / Snake island...and the clients personal best ever northern at 41 inches and 17 lbs up near Tibbets point. 

Good luck today! 

That's some nice fish you got. Going towards fisher landing today didn't mark much up at Carlton. You going out today?

Yes, we are out everyday, from now until Dec 15 th...  We had a cancellation for Dec 8...if no one calls and takes it, we will fish it ourselves!