Wanted Fishing equipment

I'm looking for any non level wind conventional reel. I'm looming for one that is small and one that is very large... My idea of very large is it needs too hold 600 yds of 30 lb test at a minimum. I'm also looking for a 10-12 ft pole rated to throw 4-6 ounces. It's for setting up a pin rig in saltwater. If anyone knows what that is and has any equipment let me know also

I know that the level wind assemblies in the Penn level winds can be easily removed. You would have to remove the idler gear, the line guide carriage, the pawl and the pawl cover screw . You can actually leave the worm assembly in place so that you don't have holes in the frame. Clean and re-lube the 2 bearings and that reel should cast a mile.

I would just remove the worm gear and guide. Done it many times. The worm gear is very sharp. I'd get rid of that for sure. Penn 209 holds a lot of 30 lb test. Easily 600 yrds. As far as casting, in free spool it will easily backlash. Its not intended to be a bait caster.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

HVS is Hills Valleys and Streams, located in Elmira. They are also a sponsor of this site. If you are in Rochester, Fishy Business is located at the north end of Keuka lake. He goes by Fishy on this site. You could pm him, im sure he ships. He is very knowledgeable and wouldn't steer you wrong. Same with Mike at HVS, very knowledgeable about the latest tackle and gear available. Mike goes by Iron Duke on this site, you could pm him as well. Both of them would be glad to help you out.

Jason

Not trying to sell it but for surf fishing I use a daiwa sealine 30 sha loaded with 50 lb braid it is non levelwind. Just tie on about 30 or 40 ft of 30 to 50 lb mono shock leader and you can cast 8 and bait all day. I have it on a Penn persuit rod but have an ugly stick surf rod with spinning reel on it and that's a good rod too. For party boats I use shimano TLD 20 and 25 but don't expect to cast them far more for dropping straight down. I have cranked up 250lb shark with these.

• 1 month later...

I have a penn 113hsp and a 114hsp for sale. Both are non level wind with spools for wireline. Never used because I needed line counter for wireline dipseys. The 113 reel for $125, the 114 reel for 150, or $250 for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United