Mountain lion

Dylan585

Just saw a post on FB where a mountain lion was shot in Kentucky. They say its the first confirmed in 100 years. It's under investigation whether its a wild animal.

Saw that too! Interested to see how this turns out. Wisconsin has had a few confirmed reports, as has Michigan. This could likely be a wild cat, it is likely to be a male, looking to establish his own breeding ground!

I was watching National Geo Wild. ..an air force plane struck something at 1500 feet. DNA Evidence collected from the 40 thousand dollar damage to the wing came back from the lab....deer...3 times! Santa must have been flying low...But then they found in a fourth sample, a barbule from a bird. Identified now as a black buzzard from Florida, wherr the plane was flying...

Crap! I was believed!..post-140268-14189194289859_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just read through all the posts on this interesting topic and thought I'd share this... In June, 2004, I was working in PA along the flats of the Susquehanna just a few miles from the NY/PA border. Talking to one of the landowners, who's property I had to cross, the subject of wildlife came up and he told me he and his neighbors have regularly sighted mountain lions. Sensing my disbelief, he invited me into his home and produced some photographs taken right there from his living room. No doubt about it, 100% big, healthy mountain lion(s). He even had pictures of one standing on his back deck! So for sure, ten years-ago, at least one mountain lion was roaming free on the NY/PA border. Whether it was an escaped "pet" or wild-born I can't say, but it was there. From my time living in the west, I know that wild lions sometimes enter yards and come right up to occupied houses, so why wouldn't a wild lion do that here? I no longer have contact info for this person, so, as a science guy, I know this anecdote should not convince anyone - but I'm convinced that at least some NY lion sightings are real.