Sylvan boat

cheese

I'm lookin at a 89 22ft sylvan boat 3.7 inboard for 4000 , I don't no if this is a good boat for this price or for salmon fishing just lookin for advice.if this is not the rite boat for lake o.what is a decent boat ,my budgets not that much around 5000 thanks

I had a 3.7 in my 89 Crestliner Sabre and I never had a problem with it. It was a strong ecconomical motor. I ran it for 10 years. I sold it around 2001 and it's still running strong today after going thru 2 more owners. The motor shouldn't be any issue if it was taken care of.

Total Chaos

The 22 foot Sylvan is a different version of the 22 foot Starcraft. Made in the same factory, but owned by a different family member of the starcraft owners family. They are good strong boats that give you everything a starcraft gives you. And nicer colors to boot.

If you are used to an outboard,the I/O will be a bit of a change, mostly your season will become a bit shorter because of the cracked/frozen block issue. Unlike an outboard,you will have to drain the water from your block when it gets cold and often you will do that earlier rather than too late.

A 3.7 liter engine is probably around 170 horse which is very strong for a 22 footer.

At that price (unless there is a hidden problem) you should seriously consider it.