fish finder

BAITNH

ditto what skate said,but ill throw my 2 cents in.i think that all the major manufacturers make quality products.im sure people will have stories about having problems at one time or another and having problems with customer service,but overall,i feel they all are quality products.i feel that first off you need to know what your budget is.that will determine where to start,next you need to know what features you want,like dual frequency,bottom zoom,bottom lock,what type of transducer,ect.another important thing is the size of the unit,in the case of electronics i feel that bigger is better,but how much room do you have to mount it.once you know exactly what you want,do some shopping,i bought a new si-tex last winter,i was patient and did alot of searching and the one i bought i got for 100 bucks less than anywhere else.oh,and by the way,i love my si-tex f.f. and just bought a si-tex gps to match.good luck!!!!

As Les said, this is one of those "Chevy or Ford" questions.  Everybody will have an opinion as to what they think is the best, but there will always be a few people that had issues with that brand.  Take Finsntins advice and take your time and really do your research and understand what it is you are really looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

The Humminbird ONIX units have had software bugs, but a few large updates that have come out and fixed a lot of those bugs. The bugs deal with a lot of stuff us trollers don't use anyway. Traditional sonar, GPS, and Radar all seem to be fine. We'll have 3 ONIX on board in 2015.

I have my two 1198's up for sale if anyone's interested. They have 2 seasons on them, and the only thing used was the head unit. Everything else is brand new in the box.