Irondequiot Bay/Rochester meet and greet?

What do you folks think about putting together a meet and greet after the holidays to share our wealth of knowledge and possibly plan a Rochester event for the upcoming season?   Team Rabid Weasle enjoyed fishin the Sandy Creek Shoot out and the Fairhaven Challenge.  Maybe we can all put something together for our great port.  I think it would be a great idea to put together a kids derby for charity or something like that too.

I'm just brainstorming but am willing to put forth the effort for our harbor's future; more pen rearing, volunteering for kids, charity, etc.

Ideas? Dates?  Location?

Larry

Hey Larry. I think its a great idea. I would love to meet folks and put a name with a face. Ive always thought a get together would be a good idea.

Id be willing to travel into the rochester area to attend. Some where near the river could be a spot since most of us are used to the trek

You guys are welcome to come to the Genesee Charter Boat Association meetings we hold the first Tuesday of every month at the Irondequoit Fish and Game club.We generally discuss both license and fishery subjects. The more the merrier.

You guys are welcome to come to the Genesee Charter Boat Association meetings we hold the first Tuesday of every month at the Irondequoit Fish and Game club.We generally discuss both license and fishery subjects. The more the merrier.

Cool. Im interested.

Rick is exactly right....Good organization and a good group of guys. After the formal meeting we usually all go downstairs and shoot the breeze for a while. Great opportunity for guys to meet up and share new techniques, what worked and what didn't. A little ball busting as well.

I'm very new to this site and fishing Ontario, but it would be great to meet some people than can point me in the right direction!

Luke

If you're in Brockport, take a look at LOTSA - Lake Ontario Trout & Salmon Association and look up the posts on LOU from Tim Bromund.

Bob......I think Lotsa is more of the Wilson, Niagara and Olcott Guys.......

I encourage anyone who fishes Monroe County waters, or Wayne County waters to join the G.C.B.A. You do not have to be an actual Licensed Captain...You may join as an associate member and attend the meetings. The association is growing by each year. The meetings are very informative and entertaining. A strong membership and one with a "voice" may be what is needed to finally get Monroe County on board to realize what kind of valuable resource they have neglected.....

No doubt Tim....and absolutely nothing against any of the Lotsas....you guys really do great things for the Lake.... But I doubt Monroe County and surrounding ports get discussed regularly at your meetings.

My hopes are the Greater Rochester Pro and Recreational guys can get together and increase membership of an all ready great organization.... More members can make a louder voice....

Sent from my VS920 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No doubt Tim....and absolutely nothing against any of the Lotsas....you guys really do great things for the Lake.... But I doubt Monroe County and surrounding ports get discussed regularly at your meetings.

My hopes are the Greater Rochester Pro and Recreational guys can get together and increase membership of an all ready great organization.... More members can make a louder voice....

You should join your bro in the political arena!

Absolutely Matt.  Groups like ours are the voice of the Recreational Fishermen to the DEC.  The stronger our membership numbers in all of the clubs, the more impact we have in influencing Management Decisions for Lake Ontario.

I'm sorry that this thread was semi hijacked.....if you guys decide to meet up sometime outside of the GCBA, please post it up here.....I'm interested to get together and shoot the bull about our fishery....plus it makes the winter go by faster....

Just curious what is the membership fee for GCBA?

$15 for associate members. $25 for licensed captains. I also would be interested in a bull session about fishing out of the bay. Anyone else?

I am in for it as well. Live by the bay for years fished since is was a kid and my family charted for many years so let's do this and get together and swap those good ole fishing stories me hear the theories. I am back on the bay myself and keep my boat there as well.