with my 20/20 hindsite kicking in full force we still managed a few fish.hows the saying go "the only thing worse than not having a plan is having a plan and not following it "well we set out the boards getting ready for a west troll near shore,next boat out the shoot goes 270 head west wide open then another and another.so i shout out orders to the crew (poor jason) to haul it the boards and go boat fishing set up 1/2 mile away and got a steelie on a superman then lost a couple more.1 kinda big 10lbish.jason scraped up 8 big lakers 12 to 15 lb kinda cool and i pulled in a small coho. set up 3 miles west (johnsons) and trolled 12 miles west before turning around.temp band was 50 ft to 80 ft water(about 1 mile offshore)48 deg was the avg temp in this strip of water.being i was in ohio for the 18,19th i did not do my wind homework (pretty good n/e winds both days) so my fish landing hopes were kinda slim, but a 70deg plus day in april on the water is a good day as many are ,throw a beautiful L.O. sunrise with gentle rollers (couple rouge 3or4 ftrs),no wind,and a couple fish to boot made for a great day.. im shure the nearshore troll for 12 mileswould of put more fish in the boat ,but the thoughts of all the cohos i got last year at this time 7 to 10 miles west of port kept me in the warm water band ,maybe next time ......as i say.........................opps PS.. almost forgot we went to the north to eat and looking for Mick ,they said he dont come outa LYNTUCKY on the weekends.guess they were having a banjo hoedown.