Honeoye Creek area

BSmaster

I hunt some land in Avon right next to 390. there were definitely a good amount of deer there but didnt seem like anything crazy at all. One of the spots the way the woods were it was a strip on both sides of the road and when they got pushed off one piece of land they would run right across 390.trying to get to the other woodlot and some dont make it! I see deer dead there every time I drive by and found a lot in the brush and along the fence that made it off the highway to die. But we didnt see like 30 deer everytime maybe 5 or so and a few more on occasion.

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

In response to the original post from BSmaster about that section of 390, could the roadkill be more because of more traffic. South of Geneseo and more so Mt Morris, it seems the traffic is much less. ;)

I guess it could also be the highway cleanup crews? Is there a particular town or county that Rt 390 passes through that shirks on cleanup? I live in Rush and from there North I don't see anything unusual. I also don't think that there's an unusually high number of deer between here and Avon, as I hunt a few small pieces here and drive around regularly scouting late summer/early fall. But I know that you can tell the transition between towns by looking at the roads after a snow. :thinking: