First deer!

Dylan585

Hey Dylan, Well done buddy. Don't listen to Capt. Vince. He just wants to get invited over for dinner.lol. Tell dad to stop shaking next time he takes your picture. Welcome to the brotherhood. You will never forget this one, with many more to come i'm sure.

If anyone has any good ways to cook back straps can you PM them to me... I've heard a bunch of different ways and I'm just wondering what some of you guys do

Drop them off at one of the many local processors (I like Steeles in Avon) and turn them into Canadian Bacon. Sliced and fried in butter with eggs and toast is about as good as it gets for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Drop them off at one of the many local processors (I like Steeles in Avon) and turn them into Canadian Bacon. Sliced and fried in butter with eggs and toast is about as good as it gets for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Homemade Canadian bacon is really easy to do. Use back loins in a log not butterflied and not the tenderloin. Vinces tenderloin recipe is a good one though!

Canadian bacon recipe..

1TBS of Morton's Tenderquick (curing salts sugar and nitrate and nitrites) mixed with 1 tsp of white sugar PER POUND of meat.

Rub the mixture all over the meat and shake off any excess.

Wrap in plastic saran wrap and place in the fridge for 6 days

After taking from fridge unwrap and soak in cold water for about 1 hour to remove the saltiness.

Cook the log in a smoker with hickory wood at 225 degrees until internal temp of 160 degrees. Its done!

Can be done in the oven too! I like the wood smoke though. Put it on a slicer and set the thickness where you like it. I like about 1/8 inch. Its already cooked and you can vacuum pack it and freeze for future cooking. In skillet heated like said with butter or olive oil and its ready real quick!

Mark

Cent frum my notso smart fone