50" Musky susquehanna river

Took several minutes to get him to boat.

and my net on this boat is a smaller one!

When I go to remove hook..

it was straightened half way and was just in the bottom of his chin with out the barb thru skin!!!?

like I snagged him jigging..

Wow...

and on his last Run...

he spun around and got leader caught in gill.

amazing that I even got him in the boat!

I see we have some muskie haters here. Why do guys feel that way? Not trying to start a nasty thread,just wonder why? The only reason i've ever heard is "they eat all the bass or walleye or twout or whatever". If that were true muskie waters would get down to only containing muskies who would then starve,leaving no fish at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanx. .

Hey Ed !! Hope you're farin well..

Thx old man.

I don't kill things unless they are a problem. ..

That was my first musky besides a tiger I caught 2 years ago...

the walleye are not scarce there. .. I have no need or Heart to kill him... I want to catch him again!

I only kill to eat or if there was a population explosion.

Sometimes I throw a fish to an Eagle...thats always fun :)

I grew up fishing the susky so I feel that I can say with all honesty that the catch rate of all species ( except bass ) is way down from the younger years, this being said take a look at the stocking numbers that the PA. Fish commission has posted. You can't put 689,000 eating machines in a water way and not have an effect! Like everything else they do it's all about the money! So you release them unharmed I chose not to. By the way make sure you don't have weeds hanging off your trailer or your get a ticket for INVASIVE species, what a crock!!!!!

Well you can blow up this thread if you want to....but

I have boat fished several times a week for 7 years in the susquehanna (etc) and I can tell you ...

When they dont have lockjaw... the walleye bite pretty well...

Of course the numbers are down... from 40 years ago... from too many humans on the planet..polution... ??

I have not been pulling musky out like I catch walleye or bass...

But I throw most of my fish back...

Execpt that tuna in my Avatar.. !

So... I appreciate your opinion but if I want to argue over it I shall go to such a thread..

I'm still happy with my catch... and release.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Dogshy, please don't think I am criticizing you catch or your decision to release it. Far from it. It's a nice catch and you should be proud of it. My response was to the "sportsmen" who think you should have killed it first. That said nice fish.

No offense taken... TileMan... ps. . Have you ever caught a tile fish they are deep sometimes 300, 400 for 500 feet. Most people use electric reels for those....

Anyway nobody has got me angry I just don't want to kill something that I don't catch profusely...

And I certainly don't know the history of the fisheries or any of that stuff...

So hearing other people side of it is informative....

So I just put the picture up for some atta girls that's all.

:)

The best part was I was fishing with somebody out of the area they had never fished the Susquehanna and I'm glad that they could see that fish!

unfortunately I wish it was on their line!!!

So it was a fantastic day showing somebody not familiar to this area a large fish!!!

I catch way more bass,walleye,and northerns in the muskie waters i fish than i do muskies. Not to mention pickerel in wanetea. It may be different in the susky,never fished there and can't say. I would love to find a water where the muskies have eaten everything else and have nothing left to eat but my lure.

Hahaha... love it.!

on good days I catch a good amount of bass, walleye, a northern and sometimes a lot of those pita pickerels...

And perch...dont forgot yummy perch...

Musky is elusive. ..

And not abundant here..