L.O.U. Professional ..............

First of all I feel i should state I am not in any way part of this Great site. Other than tossing in my 2 cents now and again ,well a little bashing,And a little poking too.

Back in the day it was a basic fishing site,nuttin wrong with that...then it was discovered that some of us hunted....hmm hunting section was born,then someone wanted something and others were selling,some had a great time on streams and tribs,then the finger lakes were starting to mix in,then photos,stories ,derbys,tuornements,prit much everything but spellcheck....links were shared as to lake conditions,water temp,lake cams,ect ect..yup it all there um mixxed in with 300,000 post..kinda tuff to keep track of..

Well someone out there in computerland did some homework compiled all that info the seperated it so even some one as challenged as me could find something ..heck back in the day we were getting post from "Peggy" selling fun times in russia,,or a quick link to a pill that could have ya like a man for days,,,so moderators had to keep those good sites for themselfs err i mean delete them..

So upgrades to servers,filters,and antivirus stuff were tossed in there...but the moderators still have their days when we get spatting and toss a lock on a post (their the fun ones)that get outa hand..

Now for a small fee we have info at our fingertips that could take hours to find and fishing tips that could save many hours to learn "the hard way"..

So if yer looking for weather,derby info,lake temps,camera links and tons of other information at yer finger tips I would suggest you consider a Professional Upgrade it might be your smartest investment since a fishing hook to improve you catch ratio,or improve yer hunting skills,or find the newest small stream full of fish with no fishermen,,,ok ok 2 outa 3 aint bad...

The cost of 5 gals of gas could save ya "learning the hard way" when it comes to product info,hot fishing areas on the lake..and ya can read some of Big Daves reluctant persute of posting a new joke in the comic section..

Just a suggestion from some one who enjoys this site as a "L.O.U. Professional"

Ray K. (Hey Santa I know what i want for Christmas"

• 4 weeks later...

I never know when it's time to pay again. Am i missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Chad (BlueEye) can set it up to renew automatically each year. I changed cards and still need to get him the new one...

When I first joined LOU (Admiral Byrd kept at me to do it) I thought to myself....I'm maybe at the advanced level but not the "professional" level thinking it was just for charter captains etc. but once I started posting and understanding the site a little better I realized that the professional category wasn't some elitist title but rather a way to benefit from the site with additional resources available as well as to help ensure that it continues. It is a very inexpensive way of thanking the LOU community and Chad for providing a great website that takes a lot of time and effort to design and maintain properly.  I have designed personal and commercial websites in the past and I fully understand what is involved so it is my way of saying "thanks". I  would encourage any of you folks out there (who may be on the fence) to do the same and "lurkers" to become members as this website is one of the most beneficial to our sports that I have ever seen.

I want to be a pro member but this comes up and my wife will not let me go further.  She works at a financial institution and says to me that this is not wise and I don't want to risk her wrath if she is right.

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.  

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.   We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.   Click here to close this webpage.   Continue to this website (not recommended).     More information

• If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
  • When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
  • If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

Hi guys -

Thank you for the kind words - its really appreciated as you know how hard we work to keep this site up. 

BSMaster - that looks like a warning that Firefox browser posts.  If you click on "Continue to this website" it should work fine still.  Let me know if you have any issues still after that I'll be happy to help.

Cheers,

Chad

I want to be a pro member but this comes up and my wife will not let me go further. She works at a financial institution and says to me that this is not wise and I don't want to risk her wrath if she is right.

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website. Click here to close this webpage. Continue to this website (not recommended). More information

• If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
  • When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
  • If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

Your wife won't give you 20 bucks? Use PayPal if your worried about the security.

About the same cost as one of my fishing magazines, but this site provides more fishing knowledge and a sence of community that can not be matched anywhere.

I too thougth that "pro member" was for charter captains and fishikng gurus, and was a bit intimidated. It is always nice to contribute to a good cause.

Thanks for starting this thread!