Rod & Reel Suggestions?

I'm looking to upgrade some of my trolling gear for this coming Spring, starting with rods and reels.  I fish the finger lakes (mostly Keuka and Seneca) and would like a somewhat lighter action rod that you can feel the fight of the fish more.  Right now, i have two electric downriggers that i usually run 2 rods on each, as well as two leadcore setups (7 color, 3 color).  I also run a top line with a rapala in the Spring.  So any suggestions on rods and reels for those types of setups would be very much appreciated, and if you don't mind sharing where you got them at that would be great too.

Thanks,

Sean

Shakespear Ugly Stiks  7', one piece, light action ( I believe model is BWD 1131) - match them with some 27 series Diawa LC reels  - great for D/Rs and flat lines on the fingerlakes

PS - They will take down a king real nice as well as long as you change to a larger series reel

the uglys worked well for me ..K-mart of all places sometimes has one or two mixed in their rods...walmart as well  usually 20 to 40 dollars cheaper than "sporting stores" also get down to Hills Valley And Stream they will work with ya on ordering bout anything.

I'm with Ray check out Hills Valley and Streams.  He is competitive in his pricing and will price match anyone.  He has price matched some online sites for me in the past.  I don't know if he will do it all the time but when he does I'll buy some spoons or a couple spin dr. just to even it out a little.

Edited by Chas0218

I'm with Ray check out Hills Valley and Streams.  He is competitive in his pricing and will price match anyone.  He has price matched some online sites for me in the past.  I don't know if he will do it all the time but when he does I'll buy some spoons or a couple spin dr. just to even it out a little.

I bought 15 new okuma rods last spring at hill valleys and streams and their prices were competitive and their trolling rod selection is very good.