Last day success as well!

FF Jim

Well I was also lucky enough to score on the last day at around 4:40 in the afternoon. I've only hunted this land once before and the corn was still standing. So my buddy and I decided we would hunt all afternoon, but he was up too late and his girlfriend had other ideas for him that afternoon. So, I told him I would be there if he could come out. Got all settled in and kept hearing a tractor. Went to the corn and lo and behold they are cutting it. So it took a stand that overlooked the corn and figured this would be as good as any. I sent a few messages to my buddy just to rub it in, like he would to me, and watched them cut the corn. We'll they were done at 4:30 and left the area and I had seen nothing. As I'm thinking about the best recipe for tag soup this 7pt comes out of the woods and heading towards a field they hadn't cut yet. I squeezed off a shot from my .308 and he turned and ran back towards the woods. Couldn't believe I missed an open shot, he had stopped tho and I shot again and I knew he was hit. I gathered my stuff and headed towards where I thought he was and I found some blood. I tracked for a few minutes and then nothing. Not a good sign, got some help and looked again and found more sign. Tracked into the woods then back into the slash. Lost the trail again. Decided to back out and try again in the morning. Dreampt about that deer all night!! Got the girls on the bus and headed out with my usual hunting partner, yes my mom. We picked up the trail and in 45 mins found him. Unfortunately so did the coyotes. They only touched one hind quarter so it's not all a loss. Ended up gut shot. I was just glad I found him and it didn't go to waste. He's no trophy class but I'm happy with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

good job tracking nice ....thanks for rubbing it in to us deciding on the tag recipe ...naa muzzy is upon us..i forced myself to sit 300 yds from some new woods to watch the deer pattern..from afar ..did see 11 doe come from 3 different areas but only one group kept stopping feeding and stared in to the woods...something waiting for last light to come out.........i aint giving up yet...Thanks for sharing ...

I shot it the last night of regular season, found him the next day which was late season muzzleloader opener. Took the muzzleloader in case I needed to finish him or see something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app