One for the taxidermist

slipbob

What's up with the game camera picture? Do you have it mounted high in a tree facing down or is it on a feeder? Only reason I ask is that I have had a number of camera F&*^ with and have mounted a couple higher up 10ft or so facing down and don't get nearly the number of pictures, as when it is ground level. (cuddyback cameras). Weird that he is looking up at the camera that's why I thought it might be on a feeder. Either way a heck of a buck, genetics defiantly dictate racks for a number of generations, have many deer year after year comparing pictures that have the same unique antler characteristics, it's cool to see ! Great Deer !   

Thank you!!  To JHettenB, the camera is just up a little high in a tree looking at a runway that comes down into a creek bottom.  It gives the camera time to wake up as the deer start descending the little hill and usually gives me a decent picture.  I use older Moultrie M80's and the bigger bucks often spot the red glow of the infrared flash and look at it.  It doesn't seem to spook them but at night a deer coming towards the camera will certainly notice a red glow and often look right at it.