Leadcore set ups

I have 2,3,5 and 10 color cores.  The 2 and 3 colors with red mini dodgers or 5" spin doctors and penut flies behind them are absolutely deadly for spring coho. 5 and 10 have more versatility during the remainder of the season. The 5 color is killer on summer browns.

Tim

I was thinking about setting up a couple of short cores for spring as well, anyone know how much backing I can put on an Okuma Magda pro 30dx for say 3-4 colors?

Also has anyone used a loop to loop connection for the backing to core instead of the willis knot so that you can make a quick change in the size of the core?

I have 27lbs suffix lead core and 10lb Big Game mono.

Thanks

Edited by paige386

So here is my question

Why two or three color leadcore off boards instead a a 1/4 or 1/2 ounce inline or keel sinker 8 or 10 feet up

The leadcore presents a totally different action than a weighted mono line. The weighted mono presents more like a downrigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Call it whatever you want. Leadcore never tracks straight for very long while weighted mono will track as straight as your riggers. It also "undulates" up and down in the water column giving baits a totally different action than if pulled behind a rigger ball or keel sinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I'm rather new to core behind boards so forgive me..

To run three off the same side they need to be same # core right? Also do you but like a 20 foot leader on the end attach bait then let it out like 100- 150 feet? Just like a normal board rod?

I'm new to leadcore as well and plan on trying it this spring. So when using the leadcore do I let out all of the leadcore first and attach to the backer or can you attach directly to the leadcore if you want?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app